Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Do the BL threads need revamping?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do the BL threads need revamping?

70% 70% 
[ 7 ]
30% 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Re: Do the BL threads need revamping?

Post by Raikoh Ogawa on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:37 am

Arshaq Burst Limit is dead, it died almost 2 years ago. Buy Raging Blast and wait for Burst Limit 2 would you?
Raikoh Ogawa
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:14 am

Raikoh Ogawa wrote:Arshaq Burst Limit is dead, it died almost 2 years ago. Buy Raging Blast and wait for Burst Limit 2 would you?

The more i learn about you. The stupider i think you are. BL was released about a year and three months ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:49 am

Thalès76 wrote:I agree that it's a dead game, B3 is actually more alive lol.

I've actually seen more BL videos in the last year than i've seen B3 videos. Even gogeta rarely plays it.

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:58 am

B3 is pretty much replaced by IW, which died out due to lack of interest.

Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:20 am

THTB wrote:B3 is pretty much replaced by IW, which died out due to lack of interest.

My point exactly, Gogeta was the only person who made B3 videos (fights). He stopped. He rarely plays IW anyways.

On the other hand, BL combo videos are being posted on a weekly basis or were.

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:28 am

That...doesn't make a game alive. At all.

Where's the match vids of two high level players? I'm not talking online bullshit, I'm talking offline. There are none.

Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikoh Ogawa on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 pm

THTB wrote:That...doesn't make a game alive. At all.

Where's the match vids of two high level players? I'm not talking online bullshit, I'm talking offline. There are none.

*sssh* don't tell him that.
Raikoh Ogawa
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:41 am

It's a dead game yeah but I still play it just like IW is dead but I have fun playing it.
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:15 pm

you also can't seem to understand if players can do extremely complex combos online with lag. Playing in a lagless environment will just make the fight epicer. I don't understand why you don't acknowledge the fact that training weights when taken off actually improve the wearer's abilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizlord on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Well yes ofcourse, The lag counts for both attack and defence, let's all rejoice. We can finally do combos online because nobody will break out of them anymore due to input lag for the defending player.

Let's not forget the fact that BL has so many system issues that a retarded monkey can just spam Trunks DM back dash till he has Ki again(did you know that KI builds kinda fast in this game?) so that he can repeat another DM.

No offense, but seriously the game is just dead and that for a reason.
Dizlord
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 40
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 am

Arshaq wrote:

you also can't seem to understand if players can do extremely complex combos online with lag. Playing in a lagless environment will just make the fight epicer. I don't understand why you don't acknowledge the fact that training weights when taken off actually improve the wearer's abilities.
Why do you put combos out there like they are 100% of what the game is about??? Seriously...that's ALL you ever talk about when it comes to BL. Like it's how you base gameplay for any game you talk about.

Who the fuck cares if you can do a combo online? It doesn't mean shit that I can do it if I don't know much else about the game or exactly how to bait mistakes to land the starter. Online's lag makes the game impossible to actually play off of reaction.

Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:12 am

Dizlord wrote: Well yes ofcourse, The lag counts for both attack and defence, let's all rejoice. We can finally do combos online because nobody will break out of them anymore due to input lag for the defending player.

Except not really, unless you're retarded or your hand is broken (irony?) then i'm pretty sure input delay and lag aren't that bad. Seeing how I can perform more BBs online than you could offline. It be wise to either agree with me. Or state that you're not that great of a canceler when compared to me.

Dizlord wrote:Let's not forget the fact that BL has so many system issues that a retarded monkey can just spam Trunks DM back dash till he has Ki again(did you know that KI builds kinda fast in this game?) so that he can repeat another DM.

No offense, but seriously the game is just dead and that for a reason.

*Gasp* BL makes comboing hard? ZOMFG NO WAI! B3 wuz ez 2 trap ppl. IW wuz even easier with the broken fatigue system.

I'm sorry, but if I can catch people in combos throughout a game online. I'm pretty sure my "stupid strategies/tactics" work seeing how TCing is the only possible way to catch people in combos.

THTB wrote:Why do you put combos out there like they are 100% of what the game is about???

So far the only effective strategy i've seen in BL is spamming. Or effective against me. All the others are the same and can easy be evaded.

THTB wrote:Seriously...that's ALL you ever talk about when it comes to BL. Like it's how you base gameplay for any game you talk about.

Because it works for BL. Now you're invited to playing BL and proving me wrong. But until then, my words are pretty much law here because I play(ed) BL 100X than you guys.

THTB wrote:Who the fuck cares if you can do a combo online? It doesn't mean shit that I can do it if I don't know much else about the game or exactly how to bait mistakes to land the starter. Online's lag makes the game impossible to actually play off of reaction.

Go watch my offline combo videos. Or my videos against the CPU. Now if I can do combos as complex as Saiyanjin2 and more (with some characters) I'm pretty sure i'm doing something right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Lol BL complex combos. Play SBAR and you'll see what "complex combos" really are.

Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Soriphen wrote:Lol BL complex combos. Play SBAR and you'll see what "complex combos" really are.

Except not really. SBAR is unlimited potential. BL does not. If you played BL you would know we've used all the chains and whiffed many.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:57 pm

SBAR doesn't have unlimited potential...it has higher potential. Also, you just proved my statement because that's what also makes SBAR more complex. BL is more streamlined, not to mention that they also slowed the game down. IMO BL is just a dumbified and lesser version of SBAR. I'm telling you, try the game out because you can't really argue against it if you haven't even tried it yet. I have the BL demo and I can say that I've played BL through tinkering around with Goku. It's not like I don't know how the game feels.

Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 am

Agree with Soriphen, seriously play the games before forming an opinion.

I believe Sayanjin himself stated SBAR was the most technical fighter, there you have it.
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizlord on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:17 am

Arshaq you continue to amaze me with your stupidity, how is that you cannot argue about BL without yourself beeing involved? Your "skill" has nothing to do with the broken matters BL causes, maybe you can work around it, it still doesen't make the game any better than it is.

Other than that i aknowledge your Cancel potential. Tho would you play other fighters, the ones with real links, not just cancels, we could actually see what of a fighting player you are.
Dizlord
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 40
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:00 am

Soriphen wrote:SBAR doesn't have unlimited potential...it has higher potential. Also, you just proved my statement because that's what also makes SBAR more complex. BL is more streamlined, not to mention that they also slowed the game down. IMO BL is just a dumbified and lesser version of SBAR. I'm telling you, try the game out because you can't really argue against it if you haven't even tried it yet. I have the BL demo and I can say that I've played BL through tinkering around with Goku. It's not like I don't know how the game feels.

Fine, nothing has unlimited potential. But SBAR still has things being discovered to this day (Bardock chains) and BL is just starting to get new things. You're right.

Arshaq you continue to amaze me with your stupidity, how is that you cannot argue about BL without yourself beeing involved? Your "skill" has nothing to do with the broken matters BL causes, maybe you can work around it, it still doesen't make the game any better than it is.

Because i don't really know anyone else who posts videos. And it does make it better. The more challenging. The more fun.

Other than that i aknowledge your Cancel potential. Tho would you play other fighters, the ones with real links, not just cancels, we could actually see what of a fighting player you are.

i tried up, down, left, right, punch. I can't even do a haidoken.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:37 pm

ki system sucks online sucks and aura spark sucks. this game needs faster movement. ki moves need to take ki.
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Battle Power : 78

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:24 am

Arshaq : You play SF4? Just look at the characters moves, to do a Hadouken you do quarter-circle forward + R1, or Square for a slow Hadouken. That is with the joystick. It ain't like BL where you only use Square and Triangle.
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Thalès76 wrote:Arshaq : You play SF4? Just look at the characters moves, to do a Hadouken you do quarter-circle forward + R1, or Square for a slow Hadouken. That is with the joystick. It ain't like BL where you only use Square and Triangle.

dude...compared to ALL Dimps game, BL has no moves. Each character has a total of 20-30 moves. MAX.

I have it, but I don't play it much. I'll tell you this though, that game is all practice. not uber fast canceling. I can't even do some combos in BL because you just can't practice them. they're sheer speed. that's where i'm coming from.

I mean look Kaj, Saiyan, and Gogeta have been playing Dimps games for over 6 years. Obviously they have frame perfect canceling down. I've been playing BL for like...7-9 months. I'm not even close.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Lol I have frame perfect canceling Very Happy. 4th year of canceling MUAHAHAHHA!

Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:04 pm

exactly. saiyan and gogeta and kaj played b3 hours a day. and probably still do.

i play like...3-4 hours a week. and sometimes 0 because of school or i chose to, dare I say it? Hang out with friends" O_O"

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Another thing is that BL ain't portable, so, you don't find yourself playing it hours on end like I can. I'm pretty sure though that if it was portable, you'd be spending a lot more time on it.

Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:08 pm

hey toggaf, log on chatango.

maybe, i mean only like Emily and Michael known I rape people at DBZ. Apparently both of them were really good back in like 5th grade (i can imagine the mashing) and I was like hey, i have that game.

Emily even said, I wonder how good the best player is? I was like....you're looking at him XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top