Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BL Tier List

+6
FurFarm
Thalès76
Forte
MysticFog
Soriphen
THTB
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

BL Tier List - Page 5 Empty Re: BL Tier List

Post by Dizlord Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:24 am

Don't imply i gave you rep down, i just said mind your language, what you and Tay have going on here is not of my concern aslong as it sticks on topic, sortaish. So yea you 2 just keep going or leave it be, me don't care, aslong as it is without "heavy" insults.
Dizlord
Dizlord
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 40
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:37 am

Arshaq, just make your own tier list if you want lol, and let's see what it looks like.
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by FurFarm Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:45 am

Thalès76 wrote:Arshaq, just make your own tier list if you want lol, and let's see what it looks like.

Seconded.

While some may disapprove of you holding a dissent, no one's exactly stopping you, buddy. I'm curious to see your take on it. Trust that I'm not the only person who will take it with much more than a grain of salt.

Let's see this!
FurFarm
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Dizlord wrote:Don't imply i gave you rep down, i just said mind your language, what you and Tay have going on here is not of my concern aslong as it sticks on topic, sortaish.

How about giving Tay his warning? Don't be a scrub and pick favorites.

So yea you 2 just keep going or leave it be, me don't care, aslong as it is without "heavy" insults

"Wow, impressive video Very Happy

I remember about a year ago 4-5 BB's per combo were good, now it's 10 BB's

Damn, thanks for mentioning me, i really liked the Guard Breaker combo, awesome stuff, i knew you were up to something big, but this is most impressive.

There can only be 5/5 +fav for this. "
Pretty sure you do STILL care. Seeing how you wrote all that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:57 am

Thalès76 wrote:Arshaq, just make your own tier list if you want lol, and let's see what it looks like.
He knows his list will get picked apart horribly by the other BL players here.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:15 am

THTB wrote:
He knows his list will get picked apart horribly by the other BL players here.

By which players may I ask? I don't see any actual BL players on this site except for me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:17 am

I am a BL player, but I only play with 5-6 characters.
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:20 am

Yeah my point exactly. I'll use Thales as an example, i'm not insulting you or anything. But if you only use 1/4 or so of all the characters. Arguing with someone who can use all of them (including Saiybaman) is a preposterous idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:41 pm

if he uses those few characters better then you...then whats so preposterous
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:35 pm

MysticFog wrote:if he uses those few characters better then you...then whats so preposterous

Too bad to tells me he can't connect 1/2 the ridiculously fast cancels I pull off. Same goes for you guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Arshaq wrote:
MysticFog wrote:if he uses those few characters better then you...then whats so preposterous

Too bad to tells me he can't connect 1/2 the ridiculously fast cancels I pull off. Same goes for you guys.
Does it matter how many quick cancels you can pull off? There are only a few quick cancels that are actually important to be able to perform, like Vegeta's BB cancels. Generally, you can get away in the Budokai games without even being able to quick cancel.

If you want to use quick cancels, just play GT Vegeta or Future Trunks in IW, lol.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:12 pm

THTB wrote:
Does it matter how many quick cancels you can pull off? There are only a few quick cancels that are actually important to be able to perform, like Vegeta's BB cancels. Generally, you can get away in the Budokai games without even being able to quick cancel.

If you want to use quick cancels, just play GT Vegeta or Future Trunks in IW, lol.

Actually it does, instead of doing a mere 3000 dmg combo. You can do a 4000 dmg combo. BBs are one of the harder combos to chain in BL. But some are harder.

You have to cancel quickly for infinites no?

GTV or FT in IW, i'm pretty sure I could master them seeing how Saiyan said they were easy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:45 pm

You know what? I'm done trying to discuss anything with you...since you still don't get that being able to quick cancel and combos don't really mean shit.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:48 pm

THTB wrote:You know what? I'm done trying to discuss anything with you...since you still don't get that being able to quick cancel and combos don't really mean shit.

Why? tell me why canceling slow is an advantage? the only thing i see when i see or hear "slow canceling" it's mediocre canceler. now that's my opinion. you can tell my why you think i'm wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:53 pm

I never said slow cancels was an advantage. Point out exactly where I even said that.

What I'm saying is you don't have to quick cancel to be good at any Budokai game. Hell, you don't have to be a combo extraordinaire to be good at any fighting game. What matters is knowing your characters, knowing your matchups, etc.

But again, I'm done trying to discuss. You haven't gotten it before, and you've yet to get it now.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:30 am

Arshaq wrote:
THTB wrote:

Actually it does, instead of doing a mere 3000 dmg combo. You can do a 4000 dmg combo. BBs are one of the harder combos to chain in BL. But some are harder.

You have to cancel quickly for infinites no?

GTV or FT in IW, i'm pretty sure I could master them seeing how Saiyan said they were easy.

If you can't even do the KKKK of Goku in B3 forget about mastering GTV and FT in IW, Saiyanjin isn't you, he has played B3 for a long ass time.

And, a good exemple to prove his point. In IW Adult Gohan has the Soaring Dragon Strike infinite, where you can either combo with P or K. Canceling the SDS with K requires fast cancelling, with P you can be really slow and do it. People on youtube cancel with K to show off, basically it's the same thing if you combo P since it still works. So by that, fast cancelling isn't needed.

Same thing in B3, you can choose to do the KKKK infinite to fill up ki or you can just use his other juggle who is easier to do.

Edit : THTB, I find other characters in IW much harder than FT, fast cancel doesn't always mean harder. The WFF infinite of Yamcha is pretty tough.

Last edited by Thalès76 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:45 am

Arshaq wrote:

Lol I was talking about Trunks I practiced like 15 minutes with him. Your Piccolo, Cell and Vegeta combos are combos I can do. And it's surely not a ridiculously fast cancel lmao, like the BRRRRR and FRRR of Piccolo are not that fast man. Future Trunks in IW is a lot faster believe me.

And people here don't even play BL why should they care?
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:34 am

Because BL is the only DBZ thread here that's actually alive. That's why they should care.

I personally think it looks scrubish if you have a long combo, but you can see the charges in all the combos and to me that looks not really "pro". Sign of slow canceling and weakness. For any "better" combos, you do require fast canceling I believe.

@ Thales: you said you couldn't do <RRRE-...

Saiyan said if anyone could do 5-6 BB in the same combo, that would be how hard GTV would be. Seeing how I can do that many...I'm pretty sure with a week or two i could learn him.

anyways fast canceling=more style, harder chains, longer combos/complex combos than if you use slow canceling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikoh Ogawa Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:41 am

THTB wrote:Tier List (What was last agreed upon)

Top Tier
Piccolo/Vegeta
Broly
Frieza

Upper Tier
Bardock
Trunks
Teen Gohan
Cell
Goku
Krillin

Mid Tier
Tien
Yamcha
Android 17
Android 18
Captain Ginyu

Lower Tier
Recoome
Kid Gohan
Radditz
Android 16
Nappa

Bottom Tier
Saibamen

There's been no discussion on this for months, lol. I recently looked it over, and made changes based on what was last discussed. Fairly sure this list is set in stone, unless someone has been playing Burst Limit and made discoveries... >_>

Tier list analysis (final?):

-It is in order of what is agreed best to worst.
-Pretty much anyone can compete, including Saibamen. Game is definitely balanced.
-Bardock is not top tier due to the fact that his worst matchups are top tiers, and he possesses no significant advantages.
-Piccolo and Vegeta are undoubtedly the top 2 characters. What is not clear-cut is who is better. So pretty much, they tie at the top spot.

Thats how I remember the tier list, and that is how it should stay. BL Tier List - Page 5 Icon_smile
Raikoh Ogawa
Raikoh Ogawa
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:12 am

Except not really if you had a brain. BL Tier List - Page 5 Icon_clown
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikoh Ogawa Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Hows your girlfriend?
Raikoh Ogawa
Raikoh Ogawa
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Raikoh Ogawa wrote:Hows your girlfriend?

BL Tier List - Page 5 Icon_monkey
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizlord Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:22 pm

What tay means is, Basics > combos, something you fail to understand. Someone who has good basics will always be superior to someone who has less than or let's say none of those basics.

That includes: Zoneing/spacing, steping for 3D games, pokes etc etc. I bet you knew that since your so relentless on your combo boasting that it would seem natural that you perfected all of these things.
Dizlord
Dizlord
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 40
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:59 am

Dizlord wrote:What tay means is, Basics > combos, something you fail to understand. Someone who has good basics will always be superior to someone who has less than or let's say none of those basics.

That includes: Zoneing/spacing, steping for 3D games, pokes etc etc. I bet you knew that since your so relentless on your combo boasting that it would seem natural that you perfected all of these things.

Yup because landing a 1000 dmg combo is a lot better than landing a 5000 dmg combo. Obviously there is no point in being a fast and stylish canceler when a basic \/SE- /\E solves all your problems.

Good tactics mean nothing if you can't back them up. I've seen good cancelers lose to me because i mix up my game. The only time a "good tactic" can help you win is when you're a pro masher. Just spam ki and TC everything.

Funny thing, you guys fail to realize defining an idea is not as important as applying it. It's great to know you guys can apply " Zoneing/spacing, steping for 3D games, pokes etc etc" but can you beat me applying it? I'll tell you this right now. I used them in fights waaaaay back before I even know about this site. Your "tactics" and "strategies" are so simple a 15-year-old was able to figure them out.

Seeing how I perfect people at least once every 5 battle. I'm pretty sure i got it down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Arshaq wrote:I used them in fights waaaaay back before I even know about this site. Your "tactics" and "strategies" are so simple a 15-year-old was able to figure them out.

but you see...the fact that you cant QCF Punch leaves me to believe you have no idea what those terms mean let alone figured them out lol..
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down