Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Expect these changes to the forums

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Soriphen on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:14 am

Lol whoa shit cakes. Gotta say, I read everything in and out. Good debate, though, Li was still harsh LOL. Anyway, good stuff in bringing back Chatango. The thing that caught my eye is what Cap said about taking out a leg to prevent stubbing our toes. Very good point there. In the end, it's good to see that when the community speaks up, Tay listens.

Oh, I almost forgot. I've been advertising this site on all my youtube videos and on my signatures for Gamefaqs and Atari since August ;P. I still haven't seen anyone come yet >___<. Right now, I'm trying to persuade Zejitox in joining because I showed him all my SBAR vids recently on Gfaqs.

_________________
Hey!
avatar
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Gender : Male
Posts : 616
Battle Power : 574
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Thalès76 on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 am

I will always provide a link to this site in my future DBZ vids, that would help.
avatar
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Gender : Male
Posts : 329
Battle Power : 310
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : Quebec city
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:27 am

Tay, you missed my point did you? Read all my comments. And I will be back/am back ya dolt.

In all seriousness, you wouldn't do anything about raikoh, for three weeks. Even Fog knew I wasn't doing anything and I stopped committing random acts of trolling.

What I said still stands, either do one of the following: ban raikoh, unban me, or be prepared for some massive amount of trolling. Because i'm fed up of your biased opinion. So what if I trolled? I stopped didn't i? You can't just let it happen because "it's just Arshaq".

What you're doing is "convinient quotting". Please show everyone the ENTIRE conversation. You can't possibly take ONE message and hope it shows what I am like. There is something called context. Tay, i'm the least of your worries, an admin who DOESN'T log on on a daily basis or close to it should be of concern.

But like I said, you didn't take action, what the fuck was I supposed to do? And be a little smarter, are there any perks on spamming an already dead forum? ZOMG, like 8 people will see the spam. It will really hurt your site.

And you honestly think i'll respect you guys when...all you do/did was look down at BL, my videos, and me? And of Yeah, i'll obviously be glad and just take it.

And Cap, if you think BL is broken, look at IW. The fatigue is so broken it's as bad as BL's ki system.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Lishenron on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:35 am

It's just arshaq guys. Hes no threat.

Lishenron
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Posts : 36
Battle Power : 33
Join date : 2009-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by THTB on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:06 pm

Sigh...okay, I added back the Chatango to the incredible amount of negative feedback from its removal.

Remind me to never do that again.

And Arshaq, you were banned because you threatened to spam the site because of Raikoh. I'm sorry I'm not on the site 24/7 to see EVERY single fucking thing that goes on. I'm don't have the most free time in the world, but whenever I do have access to the internet, I'm usually on this site. Unfortunately, the times I am on are when NOTHING happens. So I'm sorry I can't see whatever he does. I appreciate that you PMed me to let me know what was going on and whenever he is on I will talk to him, as well as send him a PM about it...but at the same time, you fucked up when you said you'd start spamming if nothing was done about Raikoh. Do you not understand how ridiculous you made yourself look sending that to me? That is why you were banned. I am going to lift the ban this one time...but if you pull any shit again, you'll be back to being banned, got it?

_________________
Fear the kickhammer!
avatar
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Gender : Male
Posts : 706
Battle Power : 1029
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Cleveland, Ohio
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Forte on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:23 pm

I agree with Tay. It's not like you guys wont have a chat. If you want to go to tiny chat then go to fucking Tinychat, it doesn't need to be embedded on the site. How many sites have seperate IRC channels? Honestly the people who are here now are probably not going to be the ones to help the site grow (myself included), so honestly I wouldn't be concerned about alienating anyone. People who actually care will stay, people who just come here to chat will either be resourceful & find ways to stay in touch, or just get lost in the mix.

DBC is gonna have to make some major moves to actually get this site in shape for RB. Is anyone even going to have the game at release? I'm still wondering if I have that money to spend.

Also the shit like editting Arshaq's posts should not be tolerated at all. Regardless of how much of a dong he might be. I dont see why it matters if Tay doesn't log in everyday, because really, what the fuck is there to say on DBC on a daily basis. Does he need to babysit? Let's be real, this site died when BL did, to suggest anything else is silly. Everything else from that point up to Tuesday pretty much means nothing.

Right now is the time that people need to actually be making moves and getting shit together, but it's clear that nobody here is even interested in doing that. And if you're not interested, why do you need to chat here? But I guess just leave it and come next week we'll all be dancing & chating on DBC's permanent grave.
avatar
Forte
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 39
Battle Power : 30
Join date : 2009-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Soriphen on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Well, right now, we all don't have the time in our hands to create some new "business" plan. As for me, I'm doing my part in helping SBAR grow, as you've guys seen. The reason why I liked Chatango was because it was a public group that can be seen from around the net and it had more exposure. We were also used to it already. The reason why I liked tinychat was because we were able to give live video feeds of our gaming and we would voice chat as well. That's how I got my vids across to other people and showed them how the tools that I found in SBAR works.


Alright, Tay, what I think you did wrong was not giving sufficient time for people to know what was gonna go down. What I think should've been done was to get some of the frequent visitors to keep an eye on the site for a week or two and report what goes on to you. If anything stupid happens, then, I think you have your reason to take them out. If nothing wrong happens, then, keep the stuff there. I know it's asking much, but, you mind if we try that out with chatango and tinychat just this once? You've been a great admin so far and very attentive to our needs, however, we were very happy with what we had once we made that switch to forumotion.

To sum everything up...

If Chatango has subpar moderation...then, we'll see how it goes for a week or two and we'll make a verdict from there.

If Tinychat is being overuled by idiotic operators...then, we'll also see how this goes for a week or two and make a verdict from there.

All in all, the benefits of Chatango and Tinychat outweight the negatives.

_________________
Hey!
avatar
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Gender : Male
Posts : 616
Battle Power : 574
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:55 pm

Forte wrote:I agree with Tay. It's not like you guys wont have a chat. If you want to go to tiny chat then go to fucking Tinychat, it doesn't need to be embedded on the site. How many sites have seperate IRC channels? Honestly the people who are here now are probably not going to be the ones to help the site grow (myself included), so honestly I wouldn't be concerned about alienating anyone. People who actually care will stay, people who just come here to chat will either be resourceful & find ways to stay in touch, or just get lost in the mix.

DBC is gonna have to make some major moves to actually get this site in shape for RB. Is anyone even going to have the game at release? I'm still wondering if I have that money to spend.

Also the shit like editting Arshaq's posts should not be tolerated at all. Regardless of how much of a dong he might be. I dont see why it matters if Tay doesn't log in everyday, because really, what the fuck is there to say on DBC on a daily basis. Does he need to babysit? Let's be real, this site died when BL did, to suggest anything else is silly. Everything else from that point up to Tuesday pretty much means nothing.

Right now is the time that people need to actually be making moves and getting shit together, but it's clear that nobody here is even interested in doing that. And if you're not interested, why do you need to chat here? But I guess just leave it and come next week we'll all be dancing & chating on DBC's permanent grave.


Ive said it before and ill say it again

What do yuo DO here other than bitch?

I can remember 2 threads you have made.One was the Veggetto one which was half right but with all wrong info about Fusion Goku and the "Real niggah talk" post where you bitched about combos being focused on without knowing thats how we start to get every Budokai game inner workings

You havent taked in any of these chats you dont make any threads you dont contribute to the community and you bitch about it constantly.Are you here for any reason other than being Azuros friend?

I mean seriously this is the only thing i remember you doing in the past year

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=952548&topic=49819076&page=1

and I didnt even know it was you bashing the game and all of us.If I did id have been more indignant
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Forte on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:19 pm

I actually didn't know Tay before I came to the site, but ultimately all of that is an ad hominem.

Honestly, I don't think chatango needs to be removed, it's kind of a mute point. But to see people so incredibly up in arms at the loss of chatango, when there will still be a chat replacement, and the admin has some what reasonable logic for the changes? It's pretty offsetting.

I think the chat should be at the bottom of the list when it comes to both changes & complaints. In any case I've already found myself not coming here often, so you can toss your salt in another direction.
avatar
Forte
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 39
Battle Power : 30
Join date : 2009-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Soriphen on Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:28 pm

Gotta say, Forte handled that nicely. Anyway, anyone in favor of keeping Chatango and Tinychat for a couple weeks? Gonna do a test run to see how it goes if Tay is alright with it. Then, we can report to him if anything stupid happens and I will be honest about it.

On a side note, the problem isn't Chatango and Tinychat. What we need now is something to get this site known. I'm doing the best I can advertising. So, Tay, please hear us out and keep the stuff here. It's actually an attraction and we managed to attract multiple people just cause of the fact that there's voice chat, video chat and text chatting. We managed to even get Saiyanjin2 back and I managed to show Nnamz my SBAR discoveries on video chat.

In the end, we should really discuss this as a community and plan stuff we do instead of just doing it right on the dot.

_________________
Hey!
avatar
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Gender : Male
Posts : 616
Battle Power : 574
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by THTB on Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Soriphen wrote:Well, right now, we all don't have the time in our hands to create some new "business" plan. As for me, I'm doing my part in helping SBAR grow, as you've guys seen. The reason why I liked Chatango was because it was a public group that can be seen from around the net and it had more exposure. We were also used to it already. The reason why I liked tinychat was because we were able to give live video feeds of our gaming and we would voice chat as well. That's how I got my vids across to other people and showed them how the tools that I found in SBAR works.


Alright, Tay, what I think you did wrong was not giving sufficient time for people to know what was gonna go down. What I think should've been done was to get some of the frequent visitors to keep an eye on the site for a week or two and report what goes on to you. If anything stupid happens, then, I think you have your reason to take them out. If nothing wrong happens, then, keep the stuff there. I know it's asking much, but, you mind if we try that out with chatango and tinychat just this once? You've been a great admin so far and very attentive to our needs, however, we were very happy with what we had once we made that switch to forumotion.

To sum everything up...

If Chatango has subpar moderation...then, we'll see how it goes for a week or two and we'll make a verdict from there.

If Tinychat is being overuled by idiotic operators...then, we'll also see how this goes for a week or two and make a verdict from there.

All in all, the benefits of Chatango and Tinychat outweight the negatives.
Hmm...

I was a bit hasty about removing things. In fact, if I had to pinpoint one thing I do as the owner of the site, it's that I am too hasty with my decisions. My intent in removing them was, obviously, the issues with moderation on those. I personally hate it when people ruin the experience of something by being idiots, and I'm sure everyone else here does too. However, people do use Chatango and TinyChat for great purposes, like Sori using it to demonstrate SBAR. I want to keep things in order, but I also want to make sure the site is perfect for the community.

I did not factor in the TinyChat benefits. The fact that it was used for that purpose at times is a great thing, indeed. Like I said, the moderation system is very bad for it when you use it for free...but overall it's a great tool.

I will bring it back as well...however, I want people to keep an eye out on it. Because of the way the moderation staff works on that, ANYONE can become moderator, and I do not always have the time to be on it. So we'll test to see if people do abuse it, like I've been told by a few people here.

Deal? Very Happy

_________________
Fear the kickhammer!
avatar
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Gender : Male
Posts : 706
Battle Power : 1029
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Cleveland, Ohio
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Soriphen on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:29 pm

SWEEET! Well, that was a very good discussion. Feels like we actually got something done ;P. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out as well as Cappy and I'll try and be the room operator as much as I can to avoid silliness. DEAAAAL!

_________________
Hey!
avatar
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Gender : Male
Posts : 616
Battle Power : 574
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Well here's the thing, we all fuck around on those chats. Chatango, not to name anyone (Cap and Hero) enjoy banning me for no reason because they enjoy seeing me squirm when I talk to myself for ten minutes and then realize i was banned.

I ban gogeta on tiny, for the lulz or b/c he becomes annoying. Li bans everyone for the hell of it. So it's pretty much even.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Soriphen on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Next time, don't complain to Tay for something so small. Raikoh barely comes anyway.

_________________
Hey!
avatar
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Gender : Male
Posts : 616
Battle Power : 574
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Soriphen wrote:Next time, don't complain to Tay for something so small. Raikoh barely comes anyway.

It wasn't small. You were never on. Fog saw how much trolling he was doing to me.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Soriphen on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:35 pm

I saw most of the chat >___>. I scrolled and saw what happened and Tay showed me. You guys were at it for days. Like I said, ignore him next time and don't be stupid and threaten the site again. If he does it again, I'll be sure to set him in his place.

_________________
Hey!
avatar
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Gender : Male
Posts : 616
Battle Power : 574
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:53 pm

FUCK YEAH SORI, show that little bitch his place. LOL
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by TS Aneila on Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:37 am

I am fucking Lol'ing so hard right now.
avatar
TS Aneila
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 86
Battle Power : 97
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Thalès76 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:28 am

TS Aneila wrote:I am fucking Lol'ing so hard right now.

lol what's so funny
avatar
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Gender : Male
Posts : 329
Battle Power : 310
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : Quebec city
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by TS Aneila on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:09 am

All this random drama, worst off, e-drama. Just everything is, so dang, frickin' funny.

Am rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllling.
avatar
TS Aneila
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 86
Battle Power : 97
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Soriphen on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 am

Alright, I talked to Raikoh. He seems to be as innocent as you, Arshaq. Well, I don't know who to persecute, so, problem dropped. I already warned Rai and I think you've had your fair share of warnings. Now, don't be doing anything stupid and grow up.

_________________
Hey!
avatar
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Gender : Male
Posts : 616
Battle Power : 574
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:18 am

I just realized, Aneila is the only girl on here. Why isn't she the center of the problem? PROBABLY BECAUSE SHE NEVER LOGS ON.


Sori, just because you're a mod. It doesn't mean you can tell me what to do. I still look down on you. damn niggaw lol
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Soriphen on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 am

Lol, just cause' I'm a mod, doesn't mean I've grown an ego the size of an elephant xD. I'm just doing my job, bro.

_________________
Hey!
avatar
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Gender : Male
Posts : 616
Battle Power : 574
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Toronto, Canada
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by THTB on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:44 pm

TS Aneila wrote:All this random drama, worst off, e-drama. Just everything is, so dang, frickin' funny.

Am rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllling.
You do realize only big round things roll, right? Razz

I kid...

_________________
Fear the kickhammer!
avatar
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Gender : Male
Posts : 706
Battle Power : 1029
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Cleveland, Ohio
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:12 pm

dude this isnt fair... how come aneila gets to keep powers and i dont???
avatar
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Gender : Male
Posts : 79
Battle Power : 78
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expect these changes to the forums

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum