Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Complete Newbie

Go down

Complete Newbie Empty Complete Newbie

Post by grobug on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:00 am

Hey guys, Burst Limit was the first DB fighting game that I played since Hyper Dimension (actually, I played a 2D PS one while I was in Africa in '99 but it was in French and I only played it for a day).

So, I got the RB demo for PS3 and I'm completely lost. I'm assuming this builds off of the gameplay of another game (BT3?). All I know is that the artwork isn't as good at BL (not the most important thing), and that I couldn't figure out how to do much other than the obvious actions.

Is there a guide that I can look at to get me up to speed or are things drastically different from earlier incarnations?
grobug
grobug
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Complete Newbie Empty Re: Complete Newbie

Post by MysticFog on Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 am

well RB is based off of BT3 basically...just some twekas to the engine to make it...say..competitive?

anyways..im not much of a BT fan myself im mostly into the budokai games but i know a couple people here who could give you a rundown of the BT type of gameplay..i recommend asking Tay "THTB"

MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:43 pm

First things first...welcome to DBC. Smile

About RB...hmm, it's a little hard to fully explain, but I can give you an overview of some of the game's mechanics.

Basically, RB's engine is fairly straightforward in terms of features. Whatever is important to know, the game will tell you just by going to the command list for the most part. The one thing it does not describe is cancels, which is inputting certain commands during the recovery frames of certain moves. It's generally Charge Attacks, Charge Ki Blasts, and Signature Skills that can be cancelled into, but certain characters can cancel from other moves.

The ki gauge is drained from using any ki blast, super, signature, or teleporting. Because supers are a big source of damage, and various tools are accessible through ki, you really will want to manage your ki well in order to survive in this game.

I can give more info when I have a bit of extra time, lol.

Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by grobug on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:02 am

Ah, I didn't see the moves list. I think I can get up to speed now. Thanks.
grobug
grobug
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down