Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's your main character in SF4 and why?

+3
Soriphen
MysticFog
Thalès76
7 posters

Go down

Who's your main character in SF4 and why? Empty Who's your main character in SF4 and why?

Post by Thalès76 Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:55 am

So you name your main character in SF4 and you explain shortly or longly why he's your favorite.

Ken : Well gotta love Ken because he's a cockier version of Ryu, I just like his style. My favorite move is his Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, it's pretty much do or die on ground, but in the air it can be a combo starter, and can also lead to his Ultra. Also his Ultra is one of the most damaging Ultra's in the game. His Shoryuken is great too. However I don't think Ken is that popular by the SF4 players, imo, but I believe Sori is a big fan of Ken, you earn my respect man lol.

And good Ken match here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf2ifgF7owY&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by Thalès76 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Who's your main character in SF4 and why? Empty Re: Who's your main character in SF4 and why?

Post by MysticFog Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:36 am

hmm alright..

Abel: I like to use abel because not many people use him and he is a unique character (people usually lean towards oldschool sf characters)

i really like the grappler/striker aspect of him and his ultra is beast

but i think its cause i tried him first and i got used to him compared to everyone else..so i just stuck with him cause i really liked his style
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Who's your main character in SF4 and why? Empty Re: Who's your main character in SF4 and why?

Post by Soriphen Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm a huge Ken fan, but, I've started to get bored of him and wanted someone who could deliver MOAR! Akuma ftw bro LOL. Akuma outta every SF that is. Akuma in 3s is my fav. In SF4, Ken is my fav right now, but, he doesn't really give me much satisfaction...none of the characters do. It's like the only SF game where I don't play it much cause every character I tried doesn't appeal to me. I'm just waiting for Guy because I KNOW how to use him since I fiended Alpha 3 Max. Caaaan't wait xD.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:19 pm

Soriphen wrote:I'm a huge Ken fan, but, I've started to get bored of him and wanted someone who could deliver MOAR! Akuma ftw bro LOL. Akuma outta every SF that is. Akuma in 3s is my fav. In SF4, Ken is my fav right now, but, he doesn't really give me much satisfaction...none of the characters do. It's like the only SF game where I don't play it much cause every character I tried doesn't appeal to me. I'm just waiting for Guy because I KNOW how to use him since I fiended Alpha 3 Max. Caaaan't wait xD.

Sorry for my ignorance but who is Guy? Is that a character that SSF4 will have? Have you seen the Ken macth I posted, really nice. Is there any SF where Ken was top tier?
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:11 pm

Oh man...Street Fighter 3 Third Strike...Ken is top tier in that game, along with Makoto, Chun and Yun xD. Jeez, his kara shoryu does mad damage and he does crazy damage overall. However, the reason why he's top tier in that game is cause of his SAIII (Super Art 3) which has a small ass super bar that refills in no time xD. It's also crazy versatile. Oh, and Guy is coming to SSF4 and he's from SF Alpha...he's crazy cool. He's the guy with the orange ninja suit and short brown hair.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:12 am

Soriphen wrote:Oh man...Street Fighter 3 Third Strike...Ken is top tier in that game, along with Makoto, Chun and Yun xD. Jeez, his kara shoryu does mad damage and he does crazy damage overall. However, the reason why he's top tier in that game is cause of his SAIII (Super Art 3) which has a small ass super bar that refills in no time xD. It's also crazy versatile. Oh, and Guy is coming to SSF4 and he's from SF Alpha...he's crazy cool. He's the guy with the orange ninja suit and short brown hair.

Cool too bad in SF4 he's mid tier, how many characters will SSF4 have? It looks like it's going to have over 25.

And do you play SF4 online?
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Heromaster111 Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:52 am

sori has a pirated version of PC version of SF4

EDIT:Kaqn is my favorite FG player ever GG and BB ftw
Heromaster111
Heromaster111
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 231
Zodiac Signs : Virgo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bond Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 am

I wish Gil was in SF4....if he was I would main him.
Bond
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 289
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 am

Heromaster111 wrote:sori has a pirated version of PC version of SF4

EDIT:Kaqn is my favorite FG player ever GG and BB ftw

lulz, a pirated SF4, well played Sori lmao.
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:23 pm

lmao I can still play online though ;P. I use my PS3 controller as well.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:35 am

Soriphen wrote:lmao I can still play online though ;P. I use my PS3 controller as well.

And another great match here, this guy Damdai is a pretty good Ken player, he's kicking Sagat's butt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRaVMPT49FI&feature=channel
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 am

Zangeif.Ever since i went through puberty and could do an SPD ive liked using him
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Soriphen wrote:Oh man...Street Fighter 3 Third Strike...Ken is top tier in that game, along with Makoto, Chun and Yun xD. Jeez, his kara shoryu does mad damage and he does crazy damage overall. However, the reason why he's top tier in that game is cause of his SAIII (Super Art 3) which has a small ass super bar that refills in no time xD. It's also crazy versatile. Oh, and Guy is coming to SSF4 and he's from SF Alpha...he's crazy cool. He's the guy with the orange ninja suit and short brown hair.
Actually Dudley takes Ken's place in top tier now (Corkscrew Blow has even more setups than Shippu Jinrai...and Dudley overall does more damage). Makoto and Ken aren't top tier.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Dudley isn't top tier as well though =/. He's only upper tier right now in both the representative tier list and regular tier list. On the other hand, it's debated whether Makoto is top tier or not because she is top tier in the tier list from SRK but only upper tier in the tier list for 2007 in eventhubs.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down