Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Post by Bond on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:33 am

I don't even know how many people here have played RB, I know a lot who havent touched it, but holy fuck its terrible. First of all the camera is fuckin APPALLING. This is the worst camera I've ever seen in a videogame and I have played with some shitty cameras. Anytime you are near a wall not facing it, you can't see either character...in a fighting game, that can BE A FUCKING BIT OF A PROBLEM. Also when the opponent either flies up, flies down or gets knocked down, most of the time you will not be able to see them...and you can't even move the camera around, so here you are in a 1v1 fighting game and YOU CANT SEE YOUR FUCKING OPPONENT.

I played through the story...by the time i got to Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga I was fuckin bored of the combat system...and every stage from there was pretty much interchangeable, I mean some do vary slightly with a tag team system or a harder stage here and there, but it's just going through the motions. Fighting games are repetitive by nature, but it's the combat system and having to change tactics for different opponents that keep it fresh, I mean you can go into every fight in this game with the exact same tactic and get the same result as the last fight. The characters...ARE ALL THE FUCKING SAME. The most effective characters are the ones with the best super moves and ultimate....that's what defines the characters....everything else is the same.

But back on the camera, it truly is an abomination, I played Tenkaichi 1 and don't think the camera in that one was as bad as this, because you could lock on to an enemy, and when you went into the water the camera didn't go fucking nuts on you. I dread going into the water in Raging Blast because I knew that now I would have to rely on guesswork until I got the fight back on to land.

I thought going into Raging Blast, hey the last Spike game I played was Tenkaichi 1 which I didn't mind, surely all the things they've done since that game will show in Raging Blast and I'm sure that after THREE games they will have a pretty decent game. BUT I WAS FUCKING WRONG WASN'T I.

Let me end on this...if you ever get the chance to play Dragon Ball Raging Blast.............don't.
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 289
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

Post by Thalès76 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:24 am

If only RB had good graphics but it looks shit, it's supposed to be a game for the fans, at least it has content unlike the Dimps games.
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bond on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:54 am

Thalès76 wrote:If only RB had good graphics but it looks shit, it's supposed to be a game for the fans, at least it has content unlike the Dimps games.

Would you rather play a good game with less content or a shit game with more? What do you mean it's a game for the fans? Aren't Dimps' games aimed at the fans too? What's the difference?
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 289
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:23 am

I rather play a good game with less content, well both are aimed at the fans but Dimps focus more on the fighting aspect while Tenkaichi is a fanservice
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:20 am

Well lets face it all the BT games have had varying degrees of fail.The only one that wasent compete ass-sucking garbage was BT2.Im willing to bet RB isnt as horrid as BT1/BT3 since I havent heard anything about a broken system in the game

Still thats not much.I SHOULD be able to say something nice about a game other than "This game isnt completely unplayable past the button masher lwevel like the other ones were"
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:01 am

I'm surprised you haven't heard about any broken stuff...

First off, the game revolves around ki blasts in an overcentralizing manner. It's your best combo starter, it works as a combo filler, it's probably your best defensive option...it has so many ridiculous uses. Against two good players, it'll be the reason why you don't see supers often...but rather an abundance of ki blasts. It doesn't help that the game's also exceedingly basic at the highest level of play.

That's just the first flaw.

Characters are really imbalanced. Being good in this game = being sadistic at rushdown and being able to combo. The top tier is broke as fuck. Goku w/ Solar Flare...stupid ridiculous setups for that and it works too well on both offense and defense. Teen Gohan doesn't have Solar Flare, but his entire moveset freezes you up to no end and he can damage you pretty hard before you can escape. Piccolo has probably the safest moveset (literally, he gets frame advantage on just about everything!) and can lock you in a loop that, when done by a player who knows how to mix up at all, will kill you unless you guess right. Top tier has a good distance over upper tier. Viability drops considerably by mid tier...the further you go down, the worse it gets until you get to lower tier...where it's awful, but not as shitty as bottom.

Overall, RB's a mess. It's playable (Something you can't say for BT1 or BT3. It manages to also be moreso than BT2, IMO), but it's dumb and boring as shit.

Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:55 am

Lol that's the guy who said the game was so amazing, I always said it sucked dick.
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:14 pm

I never said the game was amazing...I said it was pretty decent. That was before the game was broken down so much.

Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:20 am

Thalès76 wrote:Lol that's the guy who said the game was so amazing, I always said it sucked dick.

Lets be fair here first impressions can be deceiving.I remember we were all over BL and fantasizing about online matches with guys like Gogeta and Odjnryu.

Azuro was also expecting an influx of new people so what was he saupposed to do say "This is gonna suck but go ahead and waste your time here lol"?
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souless on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:23 am

wow u people dont know about half the broken shit in this game and ki blast dont really make the combo i should know im an a++ people spam ki blast and get the win against a bad person when ever i get bored and play i always get spammed by something
Souless
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souless on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:28 am

broken shit gogeta best character in game and smashes basically unblockable infinite combo of xxxy repeatedly if u have armor break on. the lb cancel in the air xxxxx lb xxxxx no time to block. rising and lowering out of combos.xxxrbyyyyxxxrbyyy.. goten xxxxx charged y xxxxx here we go xxxxx lb xy xxxxx forward side step xxxxx here we go xxxxx lb xxxxx charged y xxxdowny charge fly at opponent 3 ki blast and repeat
Souless
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstriker on Thu May 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Decided to play this for the first time in a couple years recently after playing BL for so long. By comparison this game is absolute shit, way worse than I remember. The combat is so damn boring there is no variation between characters. The camera is garbage for sure but the combat is where this game is complete boring shit. After about 10 minutes of toying around with goku and piccolo I ejected it from my PS3 and had to fight the urge to chuck the disk into the trash. Epic epic fail of a game. Didn't even bother trying RB2
Moonstriker
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: