Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tien

2 posters

Go down

Tien Empty Tien

Post by silasam Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:51 pm

oh baby. i'm back. you're ALL in trouble. anyway, onto business- tico asked me to move my tien topic to the new site, as i seemed to have been the only one that looked into and expanded on tiens' strengths and priority because he has only one effing ground combo and few tools. so repost here for newbies and researching

tien has virtually no ground combo ability. his one decent ground cancel is KKKP- and the timing is strict. all of tien's combos will be juggles. any combos and strings i post will be referring to juggles. this may sound like it hinders damage a bit but there's usually time to get a good 1100 damage out there fast enough.

best starters are <KPP and <PP. they both nullify and have some good options. out of <K you can go with either <KKK- for safety or <KPP for more juggles. out of <PP you can go with <PPP for long nullification window or <PPK for less lag. both push back on guard. i use <PP the most, it comes out really fast and nulls normal strings (goku's >PKK- and KKKK- come to mind). it gets through the non nulling rushdowns and the like. <K is for a bit more range and can be held to get through guard. PPPP is obvious, good damage for a 4 hit chain, speed, speed, and more speed. its also the obvious tien juggle infinite, and raises the fatigue bar fast for a 4 hit. if you see someone charging a P+K or axe kick, let em have it.

tien is a juggle machine. bnb would be something like <KPP,>PP-,KKKP-,PPPP(x?),PPPK tri beam. add >PP or KKKP- to any PPPP for quicker damage. >P starter holds at >PPP- to break guard for a juggle. it can start juggles at >PK, >PPPPK, and >PPPPP. you can also hold it at >PPPKK- for a little mix up. keep the opponent in the air! but stay out of the air yourself, tiens juggles become tougher. tien also has a really doing dashing E, similar to yamcha's. a >>E breaks guard and a DE can be held (and then even cancelled). feel free to swoop in with >>E or DE for a free shot, and give them a dodon ray on the ground or pursuit in the air after.

solar flare. okay, it's taken the nerf gun since SBAR but it's still okay. won't go IN combos anymore but easily goes BEFORE them. it interrupts any attack (yamcha's death bubble and pikkon come to mind) or dash, but does it much faster than a CH ki blast. it comes out almost literally as you hit the <or>E, and has really solid range. use it, but don't abuse it or you'll get baited. it can be blocked, and won't work if its to the opponents back (i guess it has to hit their eyes =P). the opponent can mash out of it, but not before you can swoop in with PPPP's speed. i've had really good results with combining aura dash and solar flare.

so with solar flare, the PPPP, and two good nulling starters you're on your way. remember tien is not the best character in the game, but with proper reflexes and knowing your arsenal he can give your opponent one hell of a time. you don't have shenron's ki base so be smart with it. if you have any comments or anything to add, feel free
silasam
silasam
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 13
Zodiac Signs : Virgo Horse

Back to top Go down

Tien Empty Re: Tien

Post by Soriphen Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:14 pm

GG Sammy, glad to see you're back LOL Very Happy.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down