Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixing the system

2 posters

Go down

Fixing the system Empty Fixing the system

Post by Brohan Sun May 23, 2010 9:24 am

While rush and slam attacks were good ideas, I think we can all agree that it was a little broken. Anyone without a quality slam starter was left in the dust. But I have a few ideas that could balance it out.

1:Make it so that neutral rushing attacks gain priority the later they are in a chain, for example, RRRR 's first "R" would start off with low priority, but equal out the slam starter at the second hit, and beat it on the third. It would of course be non comboable balancing it out, and the rush attacks would gain less and less priority if you use them in a row.

2:Make right rushing attacks start off with high priority, but lose some for every "S" in it. This could make the Son family's >RSS starter more viable. It would start with high priority, then fall to decent, and then somewhat low.

Next is throws, they don't do enough damage at all, and are easy to see coming because there's only 1 or 2 of them.

1:Have a throw for every button, that means a throw for X, O ,[], and /\. This could make throws good mixup, because you never know what's gonna hit you next.

2: Buff the damage, in past games any throw that wasn't comboable wasn't too scary because of pathetic damage. Increase the damage to about 300-400 on average.

3:Add crumple effects to the throws of weaker characters like Android 18 and Freiza, similar to Bardock's Saiyan Spirit but with less time to follow up, and also allow them to use their throw in the middle of the combo.
4: Add a slight ki cost.1/4 of a bar should suffice.

The ki system could use a touch-up as well, characters with high ki building could get 7 bars and be able to teleport twice, which is too much.

1:Make the maximum ki you can have 4 or 5 five bars , and lower the cost of everything but TC. This would make players more careful with using thier ki, becuse using a teleport vounter now can still mean eating a combo becuse you can be left in a disadvantage

That's all I can think of now, what do you guys think?
Brohan
Brohan
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 394
Zodiac Signs : Sagittarius Rat

Back to top Go down

Fixing the system Empty Re: Fixing the system

Post by Soriphen Mon May 24, 2010 3:53 am

Wow I like it. I don't get the throw for every button thingy though.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down