Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budokai 3 Tier List

+5
THTB
Forte
Soriphen
MysticFog
Heromaster111
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Budokai 3 Tier List Empty Budokai 3 Tier List

Post by Heromaster111 Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:33 pm

There you bastards, aka Forte.

Top tier

Cell/Omega Shenron
Piccalo/Dabura
Bardok

Second tier

Vegeta
Super Buu
Majin buu
Android 16
Android 18
Kid Trunks
Trunks
Cooler
Teen Gohan
Kid Buu

Mid tier

Yamcha
Goten
Gohan
Goku
Kid Goku
Great Saiyaman
Krillian
Broly
Captain Ginyu
Tien
Kaio-shin
Android 17
Android 20

Low Tier

Frieza
Kid Gohan
Raditz
Ubu
Videl
Reccome
Nappa
Cell jr

Bottom Tier

Saibaman
Mr.Satan

Cap or someone who remembers or cares to search thru loads of shit for the reasons for position be my guest to post them. All I remember is OS mad mixups, Piccolo/Dabura lol zoning, Bardock loves to give the damage, and Videl has the greatest starter ever.

Last edited by Heromaster111 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Heromaster111
Heromaster111
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 231
Zodiac Signs : Virgo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Budokai 3 Tier List Empty Re: Budokai 3 Tier List

Post by MysticFog Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:13 pm

guess you forgot?..lol..

i actually would like to see the recent tier list on this game
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heromaster111 Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Yes.....yes I did.
Heromaster111
Heromaster111
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Lol nice.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Forte Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:09 am

Hero you da man!
Forte
Forte
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Heromaster111 Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:33 pm

I know
Heromaster111
Heromaster111
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 pm

nice...i always wanted to look at the b3 tier list
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah, same. Looks cool. I like how Cell is top tier ;P.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Yeah, Cell was actually nuts in B3.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoSo Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:34 am

I'm guessing this will eventually replace the (by the look of it) severerly outdated tier list on the SRK Wiki entry.

Also curious as to why Vegeta is so high.
ZoSo
ZoSo
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Heromaster111 Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 am

umm iirc <K null'd shit, 3 trans to guard break, good dmg output in SSJ4, drawback is he NEEDED it or else his dmg was meh. all i remember
Heromaster111
Heromaster111
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:36 am

ZoSo wrote:I'm guessing this will eventually replace the (by the look of it) severerly outdated tier list on the SRK Wiki entry.

Also curious as to why Vegeta is so high.

He has

A good >P,K,K chain ending in a nullifying stun
An anti-TC Neutral P with comboable variations similar[but not QUITE as good] to Bardok
A good >K,K,K,>K- chain like Bardoks that can low juggle infinite and Anti-TC
A juggle throw to use off all those cancels
3 Transformations ending in SSJ4 which improves Galic gun loads AND can be equipped alongside Meditation
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ZoSo Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 am

OK, that all makes sense, so I guess the thing that confuses me is why he's SO much higher than Goku, with Goku's similar >PKK and KKKK strings and similar (nearly identical) reach and range all around with his starters.

The only clear advantages I see for Vegeta are his throw and options from his P (both of which are admittedly big), while Goku has the DF infinite and ability to transform at baseline.

Also, I see both of them as pretty reliant on transformations, so why is Goku mid tier and Vegeta is nearly top? What am I missing here?
ZoSo
ZoSo
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 am

ZoSo wrote:OK, that all makes sense, so I guess the thing that confuses me is why he's SO much higher than Goku, with Goku's similar >PKK and KKKK strings and similar (nearly identical) reach and range all around with his starters.

The only clear advantages I see for Vegeta are his throw and options from his P (both of which are admittedly big), while Goku has the DF infinite and ability to transform at baseline.

Also, I see both of them as pretty reliant on transformations, so why is Goku mid tier and Vegeta is nearly top? What am I missing here?

One of the things to remember is that having more options means your mix-up gets larger and larger as well.Because the options can all play off each other the more useful things a character can do to start a combo the harder he is to predict so 3 useful chains/moves goes farther than 2 useful chains and makes a bigger difference than the jump from 1 to 2.Thats why Shenron is so damn scary in this game with metric fucktons of different useful chains/moves

Gokus >P,K,K doesnt end in a nullifying stun and Kx4 is basically combo filler unless somebody teleports late.His only consistant Anti-TC option is P spam which doesnt combo very well like Vegetas either.An Anti-TC infinite also pushes him even farther since all Goku can do is land a few P chains until they fall.SDF has some of the same problems in B3 ive talked about in IW

Finally transformations.Goku needs Breakthrough for them all thus he cant compare to SSG4+Meditation.When factoring in Yakon Vegeta gets inconvinanced because now he cant use Final Shine but Goku now cant use 10X or SDF which basically renders him a mediocre P spam centered character.In a Breakthrough only format this gets mitigated but Vegeta still has better options
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nnamz Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm guessing this is the standard version, not the greatest hits version?
Nnamz
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Battle Power : 85
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:49 pm

i think they are the same move-wise.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 251
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Nnamz Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:50 pm

They are very different propery-wise
Nnamz
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:53 pm

hmmm didnt know that i thought it was the same game just with more stuff.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 251
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:51 pm

Nnamz wrote:I'm guessing this is the standard version, not the greatest hits version?

No GH version.This is assuming the average format with no Yakon so characters can both use transformations unabated but character specific caps like mixed blood and Meditation are still options
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nnamz Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:40 pm

wait...so is it or is it not the GH version? Are you saying "No, it is the GH version" or "No GH version" - as in its the normal version? @_@
Nnamz
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Nnamz wrote:wait...so is it or is it not the GH version? Are you saying "No, it is the GH version" or "No GH version" - as in its the normal version? @_@

Yeah im mean "This is a GH version tier list not one based on the original version of the game"
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nnamz Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Then I disagree.

OS > Piccolo > Dabura > Cell in the GH version.

That list greatly underestimates the effectiveness of zoning pushback block chains for Dabura and Piccolo in the GH version. They annihilate the Upper and Mid Tier characters way worse than Cell does with that.
Nnamz
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:36 am

Nnamz wrote:Then I disagree.

That list greatly underestimates the effectiveness of zoning pushback block chains for Dabura and Piccolo in the GH version. They annihilate the Upper and Mid Tier characters way worse than Cell does with that.

Well the top tier are alot closer than you gave them credit for

Shenron just has too many options to keep track of and your GOING to lose on one of them eventually

Cell doesnt care what options you have he just outspeeds you with neutral P/Part of the reason i stopped like B3 was realizing how overly effective the 3 speed neutral P was let alone 18s 2 speed and Cells 1 speed P.Hes also still got a juggle throw to mix=up with which hop in anytime he taps you and an un-TCable DM in EF that does great unavoidable damage

Piccalo is great but im sorry you overrated him alot.He can only do actual damage from a certain range and beyond that he cant draw them in for a combo which cuts into the luster of his zoning scheme.He either has to cut the opponent down very slowly with incomplete >P zoning or leave himself a little more vulnerable trying to score any damage

Daburas zoning may not trash the cast BUT beating his zoning scheme is NOT as easy as mashing P and its only possible for certain characters.He also has a better close range game than Piccalo if his zoning does get broken at some point

That being said I actually havent arranged them in a def9inite position.i basically put the 2 mix-=up top tiers together then the two Zoners together.I dont belive that they radically outshine each other very much either but theres a weird equalibrim between them where they balance out depending on what perspective you take on the most important features a top tier should have.The one thats definately below them but still worthy of top tier status is Bardok
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nnamz Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:27 am

TrollCapAmerica wrote:

Shenron just has too many options to keep track of and your GOING to lose on one of them eventually

Cell doesnt care what options you have he just outspeeds you with neutral P/Part of the reason i stopped like B3 was realizing how overly effective the 3 speed neutral P was let alone 18s 2 speed and Cells 1 speed P.Hes also still got a juggle throw to mix=up with which hop in anytime he taps you and an un-TCable DM in EF that does great unavoidable damage

Piccalo is great but im sorry you overrated him alot.He can only do actual damage from a certain range and beyond that he cant draw them in for a combo which cuts into the luster of his zoning scheme.He either has to cut the opponent down very slowly with incomplete >P zoning or leave himself a little more vulnerable trying to score any damage

Daburas zoning may not trash the cast BUT beating his zoning scheme is NOT as easy as mashing P and its only possible for certain characters.He also has a better close range game than Piccalo if his zoning does get broken at some point

That being said I actually havent arranged them in a def9inite position.i basically put the 2 mix-=up top tiers together then the two Zoners together.I dont belive that they radically outshine each other very much either but theres a weird equalibrim between them where they balance out depending on what perspective you take on the most important features a top tier should have.The one thats definately below them but still worthy of top tier status is Bardok

I just disagree with this, from my own play experience. I feel you're greatly overrating a fast P. There is nothing a lot of characters can do against Dabura and Piccolo's zoning since they are not being allowed in. You can, however, do things about a close range assualt from any character. It's definitely a great asset to Cell, but nowhere near as much as you're making it out to be in my opinion.

Also, pushback block chains make Dabura and Piccolo's zoning very hard to deal with, much more than the regular version. Piccolo may not be able to deal great damage off of connected zoning chains, but so what? You can only deal great damage when your opponent is out of ki, and when he's out of ki you can switch to >PPP>P for rushdown. But the pushback chains alone, to me, push Dabura and Piccolo above Cell in the GH version of the game.

O.S > Piccolo > Dabura > Cell
Nnamz
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 am

Nnamz wrote:
TrollCapAmerica wrote:

I just disagree with this, from my own play experience. I feel you're greatly overrating a fast P. There is nothing a lot of characters can do against Dabura and Piccolo's zoning since they are not being allowed in. You can, however, do things about a close range assualt from any character. It's definitely a great asset to Cell, but nowhere near as much as you're making it out to be in my opinion.

Also, pushback block chains make Dabura and Piccolo's zoning very hard to deal with, much more than the regular version. Piccolo may not be able to deal great damage off of connected zoning chains, but so what? You can only deal great damage when your opponent is out of ki, and when he's out of ki you can switch to >PPP>P for rushdown. But the pushback chains alone, to me, push Dabura and Piccolo above Cell in the GH version of the game.

O.S > Piccolo > Dabura > Cell

Actually therein lay the problem.Just like I said the advantages arent clear cut enough for a massive amount of separation.For instance Cell Beats Shenron flat out because his P is so fast he can simply jab hiis way out of almost everything he can do.Now Shenron is still unpredictable and can take out the majority of the cast but thats a stupidly bad match-up where one insignificant feature destroys all the hard work you can put in with him.Its all thats wrong with the game because in almost every situation you can get out of trouble or at LEAST back to 3 bars going "DO YAH DO YAH DO YAH" over and over again with Cell

and there are more counters to Piccalo than Cell.A negating P+K can close a little near the end a Ki blast can go through transformations etc and any of that can happen while you have to depend on a change up to zone or combo when the pay off is usually like 200 damage rather than a full combo.You can edge youer way in there and Piccalo is pretty average up close especially if he doesnt have transformations banked.Oh and what will Piccalo depend on up close?NEUTRAL FUCKING GOD DAMN P THAT ANTI-TCS AND STUNS ON COUNTER HIT.I fucking hate it like 75% of the cast can just end up spamming the shit out of that thing and it seriously dumbs down the gameplay

All these guys are top but there aint enough to seperate them.They break down in alot of similar ways too which makes it harder to say A>B>C

Shenron and Piccalo take skill guesswork and a lot of knowledge of game mechanics Cell and Dabura take less but get about the same result overall vs the majority of the cast.2 zone 2 rushdown up close.2 have multiple transformations which they need for moves 2 dont.2 have a couple lopsided matches 2 do well across the board etc.

Either way what do they all have in common.That god damn 3 speed neutral P

Last edited by TrollCapAmerica on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next