Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Buu FAQ

4 posters

Go down

Kid Buu FAQ Empty Kid Buu FAQ

Post by Overlordtico Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 am

Cancels:

PPP-
PPPPP-
PPKP-
fPPP- [back only]
fPKK-
bPPP- [ground reset, fast cancel]
KKKK-
KPK-
fKKPPPP-

Stuns:

fKKPPP*
fP+K*
fPKP*
PPKP*
KPPPP*
KKK*

Infinites:

PPP- [fast cancel]
PPKP
PKK
PKPP- [fast cancel]
PPPPP- [low juggle]
fPPP- [fast cancel]
fPPPKP
fPPPKP-
bPPPK
fKPPPPP-

Last edited by Overlordtico on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Overlordtico
Overlordtico
Saiyan Veteran
Saiyan Veteran

Battle Power : 170
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Snake

https://www.youtube.com/user/underlordtico

Back to top Go down

Kid Buu FAQ Empty Re: Kid Buu FAQ

Post by Overlordtico Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:41 pm

just made sure to update this to full info
Overlordtico
Overlordtico
Saiyan Veteran
Saiyan Veteran

Battle Power : 170
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Snake

https://www.youtube.com/user/underlordtico

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Things to know with Kid Buu

Your slow and your going to have to deal with that all the time.You can get ahead with positioning and forcing the enemy to fight out of block stun equalizing the speed difference and forcing them to guess when your going to use a nullifying stun.

Ideally you can try and maintain the ki advantage with your baseline range+rushdown and occasionally just nailing a knockdown and charging.If you can hang around your baseline in Ki then when your opponent does guess right during your RD you can get away with a TC.There are only a handful of 6+ baseline characaters but that one second you get 3 bars back faster makes a pretty big difference and gives you more leeway in a fight.Of course Kid Buu is technically one of the worst character with a 6+ baseline so take that however you want

Assault rain is a great move especially against an opponent out of fatigue and cant be TCed.Even Kid Buu cant charge 2 bars in the time it takes for the move to end though so dont expect it to be spammable.It can be stopped early on and EASILY in close but when your in Kid Buus poking range its usually going to get a couple blasts off at least and disrupt whatever your opponent was doing.It juggles on CH which can be a good time to either infinite or GR fully charged HS.You get a grand total of 0 damage or fatigue on block which also keeps it from being spammable BUT you can easily guard break as its hitting depending on your position.A quick enough guard break can even ensure the AR covers you if they TC out of your attack

Your other DM options teeter between Kamehameha and Vanishing Ball.Vanishing ball does average damage for a lv2 and is fairly quick comes out above your head thus hitting in infinite easily but cannot cause full fatigue.Kamehameha is your other option and its not much better.The only real advantage you get is the ability to cause full fatigue but its only 300 damage its somewhat slow comes out low on a small character and has horrible recovery time

Your ultimate has the average "Good" damage for a struggle ultimate between 1300/1900 for 5 bars.The thing is you tend to get such good performance out of Assault rain that you really arent going to have many chances to use it and unless you fatigued an opponent when you have 7 bars AR to Ultimate is unlikely to ever happen.Unlike some ultimates it leaves you on the ground and doesnt leave the opponent downed much so you can barely charge 2 bars beofre they get back up making it a little less useful
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by GodOfDeath Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:34 pm

I think AR is a little bit more spammable than people think. If you AR, rush, and they TC while AR is still going AR is likely to hit them. You can then run for a minute and then repeat the process. Plus, you are building KI as soon as you start hitting the opponent's block. I'm sure there are problems with this strategy but it can definitely work. With Z-Level AI AR is ridiculously spammable. You barely even need to combo. The AI is dumb but AR mixups can dominate humans too.
GodOfDeath
GodOfDeath
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:46 pm

GodOfDeath wrote:I think AR is a little bit more spammable than people think. If you AR, rush, and they TC while AR is still going AR is likely to hit them. You can then run for a minute and then repeat the process. Plus, you are building KI as soon as you start hitting the opponent's block. I'm sure there are problems with this strategy but it can definitely work. With Z-Level AI AR is ridiculously spammable. You barely even need to combo. The AI is dumb but AR mixups can dominate humans too.

The AI is pants on head retarded and barely understands that AR is firing which is the only reason it seems especially effective.Even with Kid Buus fast regeneration if he charges IMMEDIATELY after firing he gets about a bar back when the opponent is already moving and maybe a bar and a half if they are a few steps away and have to charge in.Lets also not forget how much it sucks if you use it too close and get thrown cherry tapped out after one ball or hit with an ultimate

By the time Kid Buu recovers from firing it the blasts are already falling on them and you get about a half second where maybe you can hit them with something.They will block and all you can do is Guard break them and try and combo off that which usually will cause a low juggle[and if a few AR blasts are still going they turn it into a high juggle].The best ways I find to guard break off it are his dashing P+K shoulder charge because of its ridiculous speed but you could also set up twirly arm guard breaks or <P+K ones as well.If you time it right the juggle can be comboed off of into either an infinite or a Heavy Slam into >P or P starter and combo

All in all its a good move but with only fair speed a big Ki cost and alot of vulnerability it doesnt win matches on its own.If you have a opponent with a terrible Ki disadvantage like Yamcha then you can get more use out of it but against most of the cast its better as combo filler after a dizzy
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by GodOfDeath Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 pm

So true. I just played my friend (who doesn't know Charge Canceling) last night and I tried spamming AR. It just about dominated me. Doing it more than once unless they are fatigued puts you at a huge Ki disadvantage.
It's weird how when I first started playing this game a few weeks ago, "easy" difficulty was difficult to me. Now I have to put myself at a disadvantage for Z-Level opponents to be remotely challenging. I like this game because it doesn't have the monster learning curve like some of the more tech fighting games, but it also has plenty of tech inside the game to keep it interesting. It's too bad there isn't a bigger competitive scene for it.
GodOfDeath
GodOfDeath
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 012yArthur0 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

IW difficulty can be easily understandable. If you waste 5 seconds to see your opponents attacks, you can easily see he doing cancelling. So, the AI just kinda "forces" you to learn the same.
012yArthur0
012yArthur0
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum