Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by EgonStetmann on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Or has another replaced already. I've been out of the loop on this for quite a while after failing to find this game, though I doubt I really looked hard enough.
avatar
EgonStetmann
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Posts : 23
Battle Power : 42
Join date : 2010-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Pretty much yeah

No game has come out to replace it as we near the 2 year mark and we think DIMPs is basically done with Budokais so its not going anywhere.Theres still some stuff left to tweak in the game too
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by lordantonius on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Hell yes!
avatar
lordantonius
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Gender : Male
Posts : 301
Battle Power : 275
Join date : 2010-02-05
Location : Santa Clarita, CA
Zodiac Signs : Leo Cat

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/lordantonius

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Nnamz on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 am

Arguably, possibly.

I disagree however. The Shin Budokai series had fixed a lot of things about Budokai 3, which were later brought back to another world because they were too lazy to port the physics from SB and BL to PS2. Infinite World also lacks the sheer depth that the Shin Budokai series has overall, and many people who have gone into great depth playing both games agree.

It is better than Budokai 3 though because of some minor inclusions from other games since 2004. I can't stand the fatigue system though....
avatar
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 87
Battle Power : 85
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : MTL
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Nnamz on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:25 am

" which were later brought back to another world"

INFINITE World***
avatar
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 87
Battle Power : 85
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : MTL
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by EgonStetmann on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Yeah well, SBAR and its earlier game are on PSP so I can't play it with friends Razz
avatar
EgonStetmann
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Posts : 23
Battle Power : 42
Join date : 2010-10-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Nnamz wrote:Arguably, possibly.

I disagree however. The Shin Budokai series had fixed a lot of things about Budokai 3, which were later brought back to another world because they were too lazy to port the physics from SB and BL to PS2. Infinite World also lacks the sheer depth that the Shin Budokai series has overall, and many people who have gone into great depth playing both games agree.

I dont regret them leaving broken backdashes to fix an "infinite" problem that never existed in the first place.IW is doesnt have busted mechanics that hurts its gameplay and if you ever actually PLAYED the game you might realize it really is the best of the series
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Nnamz on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:50 pm

I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.
avatar
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 87
Battle Power : 85
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : MTL
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Nnamz wrote:I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.

u don't play sbar anymore.
avatar
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Gender : Male
Posts : 79
Battle Power : 78
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Nnamz on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:06 pm

No. Neither do you. Why would I play if I got nobody to play with?
avatar
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 87
Battle Power : 85
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : MTL
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Nnamz wrote:No. Neither do you. Why would I play if I got nobody to play with?

i asked u many times to play with me n u say "i am over sbar i play other games now"

u nvr want to play sbar with me
avatar
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Gender : Male
Posts : 79
Battle Power : 78
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Nnamz on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:18 pm

I'll play again. At least until GT5 comes out. There isn't much else to play until then.
avatar
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 87
Battle Power : 85
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : MTL
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Nnamz wrote:I'll play again. At least until GT5 comes out. There isn't much else to play until then.

wanna play rite now??
avatar
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Gender : Male
Posts : 79
Battle Power : 78
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Nnamz on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:20 pm

ummm lemme check if I can still tunnel a connection from my laptop. I remember I had it working a while ago, but I messed it up. Lemme try right now.
avatar
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 87
Battle Power : 85
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : MTL
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:21 pm

Nnamz wrote:ummm lemme check if I can still tunnel a connection from my laptop. I remember I had it working a while ago, but I messed it up. Lemme try right now.

ok tell me if it works i'm already online n ready to go
avatar
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Gender : Male
Posts : 79
Battle Power : 78
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Nnamz wrote:I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.

A heavily damage buffered infinite is JUST a combo and nothing more usually amount to little more than a hundred damage and some meter in a combo for 90% of the cast.This wasent worth fixing.

SB also doesnt have morew usuable chains most of it devolves into using your best S starter over and over again.Being able to perform button press is also NOT a measure of skill.We had a whole debate about this with that retard arshaq

The backdash isnt broke but its a serious system problem that makes the game overly defensive and all of it stems from fixing a problem that was NEVER a real problem.All an infinite is in the Budokais is another combo option
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Bond on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:09 pm

TrollCapAmerica wrote:
Nnamz wrote:I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.

A heavily damage buffered infinite is JUST a combo and nothing more usually amount to little more than a hundred damage and some meter in a combo for 90% of the cast.This wasent worth fixing.

SB also doesnt have morew usuable chains most of it devolves into using your best S starter over and over again.Being able to perform button press is also NOT a measure of skill.We had a whole debate about this with that retard arshaq

The backdash isnt broke but its a serious system problem that makes the game overly defensive and all of it stems from fixing a problem that was NEVER a real problem.All an infinite is in the Budokais is another combo option


avatar
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Gender : Male
Posts : 265
Battle Power : 289
Join date : 2009-10-15
Location : Australia
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Overlordtico on Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:06 am

Nnamz wrote:I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.

Wait, hmm...

Infinites in Budokai do 1 point of damage every hit after u reach 34 hits... So every hit you do after 34 is 1 point of damage and still takes effort to continue... A full health bar is 1000 points of damage so... On average a full 34+ hits combo only does about 1150 or a little over 1 health bar of damage + about 400 from a Death Move to finish it like Kamehameha... So a full uninterrupted combo without the enemy teleporting is 1650 damage or roughly 1 health bar and a half.

So if I did a 134 hit combo and finished it with a Kamehameha it would only do about 1750 (1150+100+400) damage, 1150 from 34 hits, 100 from another 100 hits and 400 from the Death Move.

Seems like infinites are useless after all... Would take 3 full combos with infinites and all to kill an opponent on a regular fight where everyone plays using 4 health bars...

-Battle Simulation.

-You - have 3 bars of ki and can teleport, your opponent has you locked in an infinite at the 30 hit mark with about rougly 1000 damage on you. His ki energy is max from hitting you. What do you do?

2 choices or ways to go about it.

-The right answer is to let him keep hitting you. Even if he continues for another 100 hits he will only do another 1/2 health bar of damage on you because he is obligated to finish the combo with a Death Move cause he is not doing any extra damage; or he will mess up and drop you and only have done roughly 1150 damage on you. And you will still have your 3 bars of ki or higher depending on your characters ki baseline.

-The wrong answer would be to teleport, wasting 3 ki bars leaving you at 0 with your opponent at 7. He will start comboing you again and do another 1150 damage on you roughly at which point you will be met with the same situation and choices to make.

My point? Infinites are useless in Budokai, they do no more damage than a regular combo done in ground. If anyone loses because of infinites it's their own fault for not analyzing the situation well.

Exceptions to the rule - Death Move infinites like Gohan's Soaring Dragon Strike, Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist and Goku's Super Dragon Fist. Since these moves got no damage buffering they will continue to do the normal amount of damage they do even after 34 hits. These ones are worth actually worrying about. Asides from that like I explained and proved before; infinites in Budokai are useless. Just another combo option.
avatar
Overlordtico
Saiyan Veteran
Saiyan Veteran

Gender : Male
Posts : 132
Battle Power : 170
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Tampa, FL
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Snake

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/underlordtico

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:19 am

Actually there would be a reason to teleport.The opponents going to build 7 meter using an infinite and that can be just as deadly.Teleporting is just as fine as ever just dont get Anti-TCed which can be done just by watching he chains they use and teleporting at the right time

There are basically 3 uses for infinites

1] To build meter before an opponent can TC out.This is what most characters do with them

2] if an infinite is EXTREMELY fast and not hard to maintain you can forgo some ground chains and go into the infinite.This only works if you can land hits so much faster than in the air than the ground that its got better overall.A couple guys can do this like Super Buu Baby Vegeta or Tien

3] Death Move infinites.Which is something people often dont understand.Meter based infinites often need change-ups for meter building [Which runs the risk of dropping the combo] and just executing a DM infinite doesnt instantly fatigue.Actually the only DM infinites I find can end a match anytime are Bardok and Mystic Gohans SDS from behind most of the others take too long to always work out in a 2 bar limit
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Overlordtico on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:42 pm

TrollCapAmerica wrote:Actually there would be a reason to teleport.The opponents going to build 7 meter using an infinite and that can be just as deadly.Teleporting is just as fine as ever just dont get Anti-TCed which can be done just by watching he chains they use and teleporting at the right time

There are basically 3 uses for infinites

1] To build meter before an opponent can TC out.This is what most characters do with them

2] if an infinite is EXTREMELY fast and not hard to maintain you can forgo some ground chains and go into the infinite.This only works if you can land hits so much faster than in the air than the ground that its got better overall.A couple guys can do this like Super Buu Baby Vegeta or Tien

3] Death Move infinites.Which is something people often dont understand.Meter based infinites often need change-ups for meter building [Which runs the risk of dropping the combo] and just executing a DM infinite doesnt instantly fatigue.Actually the only DM infinites I find can end a match anytime are Bardok and Mystic Gohans SDS from behind most of the others take too long to always work out in a 2 bar limit

Yes, the normal Teleport is better when locked in an infinite. However sometimes even when you just teleport normal not TC you still get caught by the opponent's hit if it's a fast infinite like Broly's PK-

At 6:10 in this video is a perfect example of that.

I believe even Goku's SDF at SSJ3 or higher can fatigue before the opponent gains 3 bars of ki back. Since we already know they are physical damage infinites we abuse the ability to inflict another 25% more damage from back. It becomes a lose lose situation pretty soon :/

Of course Adult Gohan's SDS at Mystic form wins the cake. It only takes 2 SDS from back at Mystic form to fatigue an opponent and is very easy to continue with ppkkk while refilling a large amount of ki.

We can witness that here at 1:55 even at normal form
avatar
Overlordtico
Saiyan Veteran
Saiyan Veteran

Gender : Male
Posts : 132
Battle Power : 170
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Tampa, FL
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Snake

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/underlordtico

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Nnamz on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:51 am

TrollCapAmerica wrote:
Nnamz wrote:I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.

A heavily damage buffered infinite is JUST a combo and nothing more usually amount to little more than a hundred damage and some meter in a combo for 90% of the cast.This wasent worth fixing.

SB also doesnt have morew usuable chains most of it devolves into using your best S starter over and over again.Being able to perform button press is also NOT a measure of skill.We had a whole debate about this with that retard arshaq

The backdash isnt broke but its a serious system problem that makes the game overly defensive and all of it stems from fixing a problem that was NEVER a real problem.All an infinite is in the Budokais is another combo option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctcne2cHTxI

It's more than a hundred damage Cap, and thats for every character. Popping someone into the air and repeating the same chains over and over and ending in a death move is a way for new players to close the damage (and fatigue) gap on more experienced players. I'M NOT SAYING THIS MAKES IT EVEN, just saying it's annoying.

And on top of that, they look stupid. As I've said before, reapeating the same chains over and over again while your opponent bounces around like a balloon looks downright dumb compared to a flashy, stylish and skillfull cancel combo. In SBAR this is the ONLY way to link chains. In Infinite World you can resort to this bullcrap.

Also, SBAR is NOT merely about throwing around S starters. Anyone who's played against 1ssj4gogeta1 has learned this the hard way. R starters are very important against players who are charging S's. And this is far more important than even I was giving it credit for in the early days. At ANY given point you have more viable options in SBAR and Infinite World.

And again, the backdash is only a problem since the online lag is too much to combo off of a ki blast juggle consistently. In local matches it's much easier.
avatar
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 87
Battle Power : 85
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : MTL
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:52 am

Nnamz wrote:
TrollCapAmerica wrote:
Nnamz wrote:I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.

A heavily damage buffered infinite is JUST a combo and nothing more usually amount to little more than a hundred damage and some meter in a combo for 90% of the cast.This wasent worth fixing.

SB also doesnt have morew usuable chains most of it devolves into using your best S starter over and over again.Being able to perform button press is also NOT a measure of skill.We had a whole debate about this with that retard arshaq

The backdash isnt broke but its a serious system problem that makes the game overly defensive and all of it stems from fixing a problem that was NEVER a real problem.All an infinite is in the Budokais is another combo option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctcne2cHTxI

It's more than a hundred damage Cap, and thats for every character. Popping someone into the air and repeating the same chains over and over and ending in a death move is a way for new players to close the damage (and fatigue) gap on more experienced players. I'M NOT SAYING THIS MAKES IT EVEN, just saying it's annoying.

And on top of that, they look stupid. As I've said before, reapeating the same chains over and over again while your opponent bounces around like a balloon looks downright dumb compared to a flashy, stylish and skillfull cancel combo. In SBAR this is the ONLY way to link chains. In Infinite World you can resort to this bullcrap.

Also, SBAR is NOT merely about throwing around S starters. Anyone who's played against 1ssj4gogeta1 has learned this the hard way. R starters are very important against players who are charging S's. And this is far more important than even I was giving it credit for in the early days. At ANY given point you have more viable options in SBAR and Infinite World.

And again, the backdash is only a problem since the online lag is too much to combo off of a ki blast juggle consistently. In local matches it's much easier.

Infinites dont let new players any closer.The vast majority of infinites are HARDER than ground combos because all but a couple juggles require more strict timing to maintain.Slightly mistime a ground chain big deal they are still in hit stun X amount of time slightly mess-up most juggles and they to change the timing needed to keep the opponent juggled while will either drop the combo or scoll the screen screwing things up more.Theres a reason I got sick of watching Youtube vids where so called "experts" would do nothing but land 58 hit 1100 damage comboss with no DMs because they were too busy showing of a half-finished infinite to actually play well

Again nobody cares about opinions on how ascetically pleasing you find it

So people discovered a few R starters that could be useful which IIRC depends on Ki canceling AND them charging S-Starters.The thing is are they REALLY useful especially with that much situation baggage??Has the games meta complete changed around or what?Because I havent seen anybody working on this stuff in the past couple years nor very much information passed around meanwhile ive been working on IW stuff for quite a while now

My experience and the amount of time ive put into IW tells me there is quite a bit more too it a generic label of "bullcrap".You bailed on it when Piccalo wasent tier and it was last gen
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Nnamz on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:09 am

TrollCapAmerica wrote:
Nnamz wrote:
TrollCapAmerica wrote:
Nnamz wrote:I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.

A heavily damage buffered infinite is JUST a combo and nothing more usually amount to little more than a hundred damage and some meter in a combo for 90% of the cast.This wasent worth fixing.

SB also doesnt have morew usuable chains most of it devolves into using your best S starter over and over again.Being able to perform button press is also NOT a measure of skill.We had a whole debate about this with that retard arshaq

The backdash isnt broke but its a serious system problem that makes the game overly defensive and all of it stems from fixing a problem that was NEVER a real problem.All an infinite is in the Budokais is another combo option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctcne2cHTxI

It's more than a hundred damage Cap, and thats for every character. Popping someone into the air and repeating the same chains over and over and ending in a death move is a way for new players to close the damage (and fatigue) gap on more experienced players. I'M NOT SAYING THIS MAKES IT EVEN, just saying it's annoying.

And on top of that, they look stupid. As I've said before, reapeating the same chains over and over again while your opponent bounces around like a balloon looks downright dumb compared to a flashy, stylish and skillfull cancel combo. In SBAR this is the ONLY way to link chains. In Infinite World you can resort to this bullcrap.

Also, SBAR is NOT merely about throwing around S starters. Anyone who's played against 1ssj4gogeta1 has learned this the hard way. R starters are very important against players who are charging S's. And this is far more important than even I was giving it credit for in the early days. At ANY given point you have more viable options in SBAR and Infinite World.

And again, the backdash is only a problem since the online lag is too much to combo off of a ki blast juggle consistently. In local matches it's much easier.

Infinites dont let new players any closer.The vast majority of infinites are HARDER than ground combos because all but a couple juggles require more strict timing to maintain.Slightly mistime a ground chain big deal they are still in hit stun X amount of time slightly mess-up most juggles and they to change the timing needed to keep the opponent juggled while will either drop the combo or scoll the screen screwing things up more.Theres a reason I got sick of watching Youtube vids where so called "experts" would do nothing but land 58 hit 1100 damage comboss with no DMs because they were too busy showing of a half-finished infinite to actually play well

Again nobody cares about opinions on how ascetically pleasing you find it

So people discovered a few R starters that could be useful which IIRC depends on Ki canceling AND them charging S-Starters.The thing is are they REALLY useful especially with that much situation baggage??Has the games meta complete changed around or what?Because I havent seen anybody working on this stuff in the past couple years nor very much information passed around meanwhile ive been working on IW stuff for quite a while now

My experience and the amount of time ive put into IW tells me there is quite a bit more too it a generic label of "bullcrap".You bailed on it when Piccalo wasent tier and it was last gen


You're greatly exaggerating "the vast majority" of characters having harder infiites than ground combos. Aside from ones that require canceling, I was able to do any of them without any practice at all, and so was my little brother who's last Budokai experience was moderate canceling in B3 5 years ago.

And Infinite World bombed BTW. You guys can sit here and tell me you don't care that the infinites look retarded, but at the end of the day it's exploits like that which hurt the game on a package level. It makes the game look unpolished, and unfinished and downright lazy, which is my main turn off to the game. And if you didn't care, you wouldn't have bothered to respond.

And no Cap, EVERY character has SEVERAL R starters which are useful against people who charge S. Saying people shouldn't use R starters was an oversight by the early SB community before the advent of adhoc party, which showed how useful they are in actual competition. Yes S starters are still better overall, but R starters are extremely important to defend yourself against charged S starters and they can be easily canceled with either a ki blast or a tacked on S afterward if you have the time. Even as Piccolo 1ssj4gogeta1 took me apart quite a few times with chains until I learned not to charge S in his range. With other characters charging S became even harder since they didn't have the range cushion Piccolo has.

And there is archived proof on the old site that I ditched IW because it used B3's old physics. I wanted the fast paced and polished gameplay from the SB games, or heck even Burst Limit assuming they used the old ki system. Instead, I saw a lazy cash in with reused animations, reused physics, and lazy borrowed gameplay without even doing it right. I had no idea whether Piccolo would be good or bad in the game before I deemed it a turd and went back to SB.

It may sound like I think it's a bad game. I don't think it's bad. It's actually quite good. However I think it's a big hop back from the SB series. And most people who sit there and argue with me about it don't even own a PSP or SBAR to begin with.
avatar
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 87
Battle Power : 85
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : MTL
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Woo quotes are getting too big lets start over.Ill go paragraph by paragraph


You're greatly exaggerating "the vast majority" of characters having harder infiites than ground combos. Aside from ones that require canceling, I was able to do any of them without any practice at all, and so was my little brother who's last Budokai experience was moderate canceling in B3 5 years ago.

and yet ive had new players that got down basic stuns and cancels in a few days and still cant do Baby vegetas P,P,K,K- infintie an "easy" one without them falling out in two or three reps..Fact of the matter is infinites have a great chance of failing than basic ground combos even before you factor in juggle speed changing for fatigue

And Infinite World bombed BTW. You guys can sit here and tell me you don't care that the infinites look retarded, but at the end of the day it's exploits like that which hurt the game on a package level. It makes the game look unpolished, and unfinished and downright lazy, which is my main turn off to the game. And if you didn't care, you wouldn't have bothered to respond.

No IW bombed because it was a last gen game released on the backend of a failure of the system by DIMPs called Burst Limit.The majority of players dont even know that the infinites eixst.Your just looking to bash the game now ebcause you dont like it

And no Cap, EVERY character has SEVERAL R starters which are useful against people who charge S. Saying people shouldn't use R starters was an oversight by the early SB community before the advent of adhoc party, which showed how useful they are in actual competition. Yes S starters are still better overall, but R starters are extremely important to defend yourself against charged S starters and they can be easily canceled with either a ki blast or a tacked on S afterward if you have the time. Even as Piccolo 1ssj4gogeta1 took me apart quite a few times with chains until I learned not to charge S in his range. With other characters charging S became even harder since they didn't have the range cushion Piccolo has.

Know what we got in IW?Several useful starters and tactics for the majority of the cast.Id say that stacks up to using R starters to counter charged S starters

And there is archived proof on the old site that I ditched IW because it used B3's old physics. I wanted the fast paced and polished gameplay from the SB games, or heck even Burst Limit assuming they used the old ki system. Instead, I saw a lazy cash in with reused animations, reused physics, and lazy borrowed gameplay without even doing it right. I had no idea whether Piccolo would be good or bad in the game before I deemed it a turd and went back to SB.

and it was your lose.Theres nothing wrong with IW but it being last gen

It may sound like I think it's a bad game. I don't think it's bad. It's actually quite good. However I think it's a big hop back from the SB series. And most people who sit there and argue with me about it don't even own a PSP or SBAR to begin with.

Thats your choice.You can think that if you want and I wont.Just dont insist its fact again
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Overlordtico on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Nnamz wrote:
TrollCapAmerica wrote:
Nnamz wrote:I own the game Cap. I was just late to the party.

And infinites always hurt a game on a package level. Popping a guy in the air and watching him bounce the same way over and over again like he's made out of helium was stupid. SBAR fixed that while giving each character several more comboable chains which took actual skill to pull off. So not only did the game not look stupid, but a new player can't walk in and perform max damage comboes.

And the backdash isn't broken. The vast majority of characters can combo off a ki blast to produce decent damage, or chase with aura burst and fake moves or smashes into comboes. The only reason you don't see much of that online is because of lag, and the hard timing to pull off juggle combos.

A heavily damage buffered infinite is JUST a combo and nothing more usually amount to little more than a hundred damage and some meter in a combo for 90% of the cast.This wasent worth fixing.

SB also doesnt have morew usuable chains most of it devolves into using your best S starter over and over again.Being able to perform button press is also NOT a measure of skill.We had a whole debate about this with that retard arshaq

The backdash isnt broke but its a serious system problem that makes the game overly defensive and all of it stems from fixing a problem that was NEVER a real problem.All an infinite is in the Budokais is another combo option

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctcne2cHTxI

It's more than a hundred damage Cap, and thats for every character. Popping someone into the air and repeating the same chains over and over and ending in a death move is a way for new players to close the damage (and fatigue) gap on more experienced players. I'M NOT SAYING THIS MAKES IT EVEN, just saying it's annoying.

And on top of that, they look stupid. As I've said before, reapeating the same chains over and over again while your opponent bounces around like a balloon looks downright dumb compared to a flashy, stylish and skillfull cancel combo. In SBAR this is the ONLY way to link chains. In Infinite World you can resort to this bullcrap.

Also, SBAR is NOT merely about throwing around S starters. Anyone who's played against 1ssj4gogeta1 has learned this the hard way. R starters are very important against players who are charging S's. And this is far more important than even I was giving it credit for in the early days. At ANY given point you have more viable options in SBAR and Infinite World.

And again, the backdash is only a problem since the online lag is too much to combo off of a ki blast juggle consistently. In local matches it's much easier.

Ok, Try these infinites if you really think infinites are easier to keep going than ground combos

On top of that your argument doesn't even make sense. Instead of talking about facts on the game mechanics like damage, priority, usefulness in battle etc you say it looks retarded and u prefer a more flashy SBAR ground combo...

wth does that mean? All I see from that is your comments are biased because u prefer one game over another, even though from the looks of it you clearly have not gotten into IW at all. All your opinion gives is your opinions and preferences which really don't affect the fact IW is a more complete game than SBAR. Then you try to blame it on infinites which I have already done more than enough proving about of how useless they are or how similar they act to a ground combo in effectiveness, length and damage since no matter what; ground or air combo/infinite you will still only do around 1500 damage.

Your only point and complaint is, air infinite combos look stupid therefore IW sucks compared to SBAR cus I only do ground combos there... Since you thinking something looks stupid doesn't classify as a fact or reason why a game is better than another its completely voided.

Video Showing Backdashes

Backdashes are USELESS wth. The only person to truly master backdashes is Saiyanjin2 of youtube and you can clearly see from his videos how useless they are. Is a ground infinite that still only does around 1500 damage when you finish it cus no matter how you look at it after 34 hits ur damage is 1x. And this while requiring way more effort to continue and does not lead to any better results in battle. SBAR is a good game, but in terms of overall polishing of gameplay it comes 2nd to IW. And don't say oh u never played SBAR, I owned it until early this year and never uploaded any videos cause I did not have a method to upload from PSP.

Only thing I rly want to say is, just comment on something relevant and concrete and not just your opinion and likes or dislikes cus something looks stupid to you. That has nothing to do with gameplay
avatar
Overlordtico
Saiyan Veteran
Saiyan Veteran

Gender : Male
Posts : 132
Battle Power : 170
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Tampa, FL
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Snake

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/underlordtico

Back to top Go down

Re: So is this still considered the best Dimps DBZ fighter?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum