Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Impressions on RB

+2
ProjectSteve
THTB
6 posters

Go down

My Impressions on RB Empty My Impressions on RB

Post by THTB Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:56 am

As far as I can see of the game, RB looks like it could be extremely solid. No joke, the things revealed in the vids are starting to add up and make me kinda hyped for this game. Smile

-The B1/B2 system is very much overhauled, and honestly it's for the better IMO. With there no longer being separate gauges for B1s and B2s, it becomes more important to manage your ki properly, or you'll end up missing out on both offensive and defensive options. So now we have meter management of greater importance than before. Your explosive waves and powerup moves are no longer gained over time...they're linked to your ki, so use them wisely.

-Another change to the B1/B2 system is that they can be launched without any cooldown time in between. This somewhat results in scrubs attempting to randomly throw out them like no tomorrow, but this time around they don't have any option to escape due to lack of ki for explosive waves. Another effect of this is the combos. Store up 2 bars of ki, and you get access to hard hitting combinations taking off entire health bars. Of course, you have to wisely use your meter to get this. So yeah, playing smart = big damage.

-Ki blasts have been changed a great deal. The longer hitstun allows you to combo into them, provided you react fast enough. With how fast they are launched, this is BIG for defense. Theoretically, if you pick your spots carefully, you can throw ki blasts on an attacking opponent and stop them cold while giving you the option to go on the offensive. A great improvement indeed. Very Happy

-Recovery times on charge/smash attacks are noticeably shorter and likely are harder to react to. Possibly safer melee?

-Also, cancelling will play a very noteworthy role. Being able to cancel from one thing to the next will make pressuring much more improved from BT3. RUSH THAT **** DOWN!

This is all the stuff I noted while watching vids. It would not surprise me if this indeed holds somewhat true. If it does, you can be sure quite a few will have fun with this game. I hope others will have fun with this game as well if it indeed has the depth I feel it'll have. I'd love to hear how others will view this game as well.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Impressions on RB Empty Re: My Impressions on RB

Post by ProjectSteve Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 pm

I'll have to say I do agree with your impressions, I was focussed on certain small details which made me & a few others upset but in its combat system it has a unique depth which may be fun.

However, have you seen smash cancelling yet? I haven't.
ProjectSteve
ProjectSteve
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 18
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:24 am

You mean cancelling from charges/smashes? Or just cancelling from the startup frames ala BT2?
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ProjectSteve Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:33 am

Both, I don't think I've seen them as yet.
ProjectSteve
ProjectSteve
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:00 am

I'm glad i'm not the only who noticed there were some cancels, you can basically cancel a ki blast and also a charged attack. Even with that i'm not sure if i'm gonna get the game, BT games are boring as hell and even if they add little things I don't think I will fully enjoy this game.
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by ProjectSteve Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:12 am

1. The games system looks promising so I'll wait & see.
2. To this day the stage destruction is piss poor, no craters, no explosion domes, no smoke from ki blasts, as little as these effects are, presentation scores points & DBZ has a lot of it.
3. Combo system has yet to be fully shown but it wouldn't surprise me if this game doesn't cater to combo junkies.
ProjectSteve
ProjectSteve
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:04 am

hmm i always had fun playing the sparking games but i stopped at 2..3 was too meh to me. they changed stuff around for the worse :/..

but in 2 i had a blast but i didnt take depth seriously because it was a simple minded brawler to me which ened up into who either got cheesy supers off or who comboed the same combo over and over lol.

but this game looks nice...i like the graphics and presentation so far, and so it seems to add a little depth into the game as well. but we will see..we might think about all this stuff being sweet until we actually get to play it and all be for naught because something breaks the game.
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ProjectSteve Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:55 pm

I think on spike's next try, they should re-watch the entire series & find ways to implement what they are missing in their current games, often times these games are fun until a month later when you realize it is quite repetitive.
ProjectSteve
ProjectSteve
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizlord Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Mkkay i got Raging Blast cheap from a friend who has no time nor the will to play it, what i can see so far is:

The Camera is horrid sometimes, in BT2&3 it was soemtimes like that but in Raging Blast it is really fucking retarded at times, especially underwater.

The Collision seems off at times, not bad, but not that good either. Story mode is done a bit flat. I can't say much about Versus right now i just played 2 hours so far.

Well the rest looks ok so far, Graphics etc, i don't like the Soundtrack, it's way too cheesy if you ask me. especially when you compare it to other OSTs with the games am currently playing(Bayonetta for example)

All in all am not impressed much but am not disapointed, it's way too early for me to make an educated impression.
Dizlord
Dizlord
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 40
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:49 am

Actually I decided to buy the game and it's pretty awesome lol, I take back what I said, the combo system is good, tho the graphics suck dick compared to BL.
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by 13yo Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:35 am

Its a pretty good game. Bad thing is it does not follow the story 100% and skips alot of stuff and the voice acting is dodgy. Bardock fought frieza in outer space(can be done in bt3) but he just fights freiza in a mountainous landscape.
13yo
13yo
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum