Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow is RB different from BT3...

5 posters

Go down

Wow is RB different from BT3... Empty Wow is RB different from BT3...

Post by THTB Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:12 pm

Finally got my hands on the demo. All I can say is...wow...

Though I'm not one to exactly care so much about graphics...RB looks absolutely stunning. YouTube vids do absolutely no justice. The game moves VERY fluidly at 60fps.

As for the mechanics...I was expecting slight tweaks. No...the entire fucking thing is different in terms of feel.

Movement is so different. You don't have as much freedom...which kinda sucks but doesn't at the same time. Idk if it's indeed true, but sidesteps and backstep do not exist anymore. Instead, you can aura dash at any position, so it becomes your most vital moving tool up close. That, and free roam aura dash can be used rapidly by tapping the X/A button.

Melee has an entirely new feel to it. It's the same, but so much changed, you're going to be relearning it. RAs have little to no recovery, and are entirely safe now. They also do not just clash anymore.

From what's shown in the demo...SAs are universal to the characters...this may apply to everyone unfortunately.

SA1 = Rolling Hammer
SA2 = Kiai Cannon
SA3 = Flying Kick & variants (flying kick is no longer an overhead)
SA4 = Heavy Finish

While this kinda sucks, here's the kicker: you can now CANCEL out of SAs I'm dead serious. If that wasn't enough of a shocker...what the characters can cancel from and into HIGHLY varies. For example...SSJ Goku's only cancel comes from his dash-in and his SA3...but he can cancel back into rush for a safe poke sequence. Raditz can only cancel into smash, but he has the option to cancel from ANY SA he has. So it's kinda simplified, but kept complex due to the cancels, along with hitboxes and attack speeds. Also, the cancels do not necessarily change with each form (at least in Goku's case, where his cancellable attacks still remain dash-in and SA3).

Throws now also cause the wall splat effect at certain points on the field. Otherwise, they function the same.

Defensively, there's no longer a high or low block, which means it is VERY easy to guard break an opponent. In compensation for this, you're given a variety of new defensive options that are specifically designed to stop the 3 types of melee attacks.

-Swaying: Rush counter
-Vanish: Charge counter
-Counter: Smash counter

Because of this big change, be hugely prepared to play this game on reaction for defense. Also, the old teleport is still in and has the exact same properties, but is now MUCH harder to actually do due to the speed increase and possibly because the window is much smaller. So much that mashing really doesn't help lol...and unless you're confident with doing it, you're better off defending with the 3 other options.

The ki system revamp is a really nice change. The blast stocks are now gone, and so now B1s of old take ki. Also, it's not universally 2 B1-supers, 2 B2-supers...the ones they have do vary among each character. It can be any combination of supers.

The signature skill, as shown thus far, varies pretty significantly with each character. Goku's signature does a teleport attack (good for whiff punish), Piccolo's does an unblockable grab that reels you in close to start combos (takes a lot of ki, but is a very powerful tool). Raditz's counter stops RAs.

Overall, Spike has done a really nice job with this game, IMO. Shit's good.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wow is RB different from BT3... Empty Re: Wow is RB different from BT3...

Post by Soriphen Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Good stuff. I'll try out the demo when I have the chance.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dizlord Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:39 am

Seriously am having issues with the controls, but i guess i'll figure it out.
Dizlord
Dizlord
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 40
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:42 am

Idk why, but I have no problem with getting used to controls. Ever. Just gimme about 10-15 minutes and I'm good lol.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Volienzo Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 am

The more I play this game, the more impressed I am with it. I know at first I missed the simplicity and familiarity of BT3. I liked how everyone played the same way, it made it easy playing your favorite characters.

This game, however; is so different. You can't play everyone in the same style, it just won't work. Now sure with 40+ different characters some of them are bound to share some similarities in play style, but no longer can you use x character the same way as both y and z.

Thanks to the diversity it makes for playing online great. If you are the type of person who doesn't always use the most popular characters you will be at an advantage, because you know you're going to see the same characters online (SSJ3s and Fusions).

I'm really excited to get into higher level matches now that I'm getting used to the basics.

We need more ppl at this site!

/The end
Volienzo
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:03 am

Hmm I guess Im gonna have to try the demo. The whole BT idea just turns me off but if they made a significant attempt at character uniqueness then they deserve 20 minutes of my time.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 251
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum