Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bardock

5 posters

Go down

Bardock Empty Bardock

Post by KingDiamond Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:48 am

I was messing around and noticed u can do PKKK-, PPPP<E, etc. I
haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought it was worth bringing
up. Its a pretty fast cancel tho.

Its kinda cool if u do KP,>PPKK-,PKKK-, PPPP(HP), etc.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 251
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Pig

Back to top Go down

Bardock Empty Re: Bardock

Post by Cross Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:47 pm

no real info on this guy? does he suck in this one or sumn, i know he was a beast in b3.
Cross
Cross
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 6
Zodiac Signs : Sagittarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:29 am

Cross wrote:no real info on this guy? does he suck in this one or sumn, i know he was a beast in b3.

Well we have a lack of recorded info since its mostly Tico posting combos right now

Bardoks slightly above mid-tier and kind of a high risk high reward character character.His starters are passable but his damage is through the roof with the same Heat Phalanx infinites as in B3 just better now that they arent limited by specific DM chains.>P,P,K,K- lets him close pretty easily K,P stuns and negates while PP poking is safe and he still has his juggle throw any of these hit and they could lead to a HP infinite that fatigues in about 3 reps and is EASY to keep going with <P,P^ <P,P^ P,P,P,P,HP

The reason he has been underestimated is because they made him less beastly than his B3 incarnation where he a close range rushdown up there with Cells the games best damage tons of options to set-up infinites into HP infinites mutiple Anti-TC moves etc.Nowadays he just doesnt have a close game anywhere near as good
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cross Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:33 pm

TrollCapAmerica wrote:Well we have a lack of recorded info since its mostly Tico posting combos right now

Bardoks slightly above mid-tier and kind of a high risk high reward character character.His starters are passable but his damage is through the roof with the same Heat Phalanx infinites as in B3 just better now that they arent limited by specific DM chains.>P,P,K,K- lets him close pretty easily K,P stuns and negates while PP poking is safe and he still has his juggle throw any of these hit and they could lead to a HP infinite that fatigues in about 3 reps and is EASY to keep going with

The reason he has been underestimated is because they made him less beastly than his B3 incarnation where he a close range rushdown up there with Cells the games best damage tons of options to set-up infinites into HP infinites mutiple Anti-TC moves etc.Nowadays he just doesnt have a close game anywhere near as good

thanks for the response i guess ill invest some time into him and if i dont like him as much as in b3 then ill try someone else. I c him and goku have pretty much switched places on the tier list.
Cross
Cross
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 6
Zodiac Signs : Sagittarius Goat

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Pretty much, Cap said it all. Bardock's scary in that he can deal such a massive amount of damage with no problems at all, but his pressure options are nothing like in B3.

He's not bad, but he's just not great.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Pretty much.He isnt as bad as advertised when the game first came out when we were comparing him to B3 Bardok.He basically has a punchers chance to win every fight and makes you worry about where your fatigue is at all the time.If he catches you with a random P throw or almost anything at the right time he will win the match because his HP infinite is almost IMPOSSIBLE to mess up.

Sure something like SDF infinites arent hard but theres always a chance it could get messed up in the transition between buttons being just a tad late or so early they get juggled too hgih etc.Bardoks HP infinite is realtively few hits and is so easy you almost have to screw it up on purpose.Its all generally one button no cancels a very high juggle and Px4 moves the opponent up a little before the HP while generating a good amount of Ki.HP being one hit and instantly scoring its damage also makes fatiguing with it faster than all other DM infinites as well.
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Hes kind of a one trick pony IMO. Gets boring pretty quick.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 251
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Idk, I like him. He reminds me of ST Hawk...either get in and do work, or fail trying.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaSobi Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Not trying to bump, not sure if it's safe to or not...
His PP* can go back into his neutral P, and even into a PKKP. Not sure if this does anything for his ground game. I might need a fast canceller to test this for me (I can't do the stuff Tico does quite yet lol), but I think his PPP- can go into other stuff too.

Just pitching ideas for the general Bardock info area, in case people still play this. :/
MegaSobi
MegaSobi
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:02 pm

MegaSobi wrote:Not trying to bump, not sure if it's safe to or not...
His PP* can go back into his neutral P, and even into a PKKP. Not sure if this does anything for his ground game. I might need a fast canceller to test this for me (I can't do the stuff Tico does quite yet lol), but I think his PPP- can go into other stuff too.

Just pitching ideas for the general Bardock info area, in case people still play this. :/

I do and ill check it out a little bit.Bardok was already pretty happy poking with PP now and then and Px3 would be a nice little boost

also bump away there hasent been much activity in a while and nobodys gonna get angry [Unless your advertising some shit site like the last couple people I banned were]
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaSobi Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:17 pm

His PP can link to his KP (the headbutt stun), and then >PPKK- and set up a HP juggle. If you can interrupt somebody mid-string or UltGuard something, that's really all you need.

Kinda moot since you can just PPPP<E anyway, but still.
MegaSobi
MegaSobi
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 am

Id imagine that chain is safer and has more ki gain though
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator