Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broly (Super Saiyan 3)

4 posters

Go down

Broly (Super Saiyan 3) Empty Broly (Super Saiyan 3)

Post by THTB Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:36 am

All Super Saiyan 3 Broly info goes here.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Broly (Super Saiyan 3) Empty Re: Broly (Super Saiyan 3)

Post by THTB Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:36 am

--Reserved for Guide--
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by cml64 Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:31 am

Ok, I have been fooling around with SS3 Broly and LSS Broly for the past couple of weeks and sad to say that he got the biggest nerf stick as a returning staple character from the previous BT games. I am not going to cover his base form or SS form yet since I don’t use them a lot.

Because of the way the game mechanics has changed making charge attacks in rush strings a lot harder to land, Broly now no longer possess the superior melee abilities he used to have in BT3. His melee is noticeably slower than most of the other fighters making it almost impossible for him to keep up with speedsters like Kid Buu or SS2 Teen Gohan. The lost of his inherent ‘super armor’ from BT3 just makes it even worst since he can’t risk getting involve in a fist fight knowing that he is not likely to be the first to land an attack. In terms of reach, he still has one of the longest reaches in the game but unfortunately that’s not going to be of much help, since speed has a much higher priority in this game and he is also handicapped by his huge hit box.

His ki blast got nerfed as well. In BT3, he had twin ki blast attacks with decent tracking abilities with limited range. In RB, his ki blast fires off in what I consider to be a rather sporadic pattern and often missing your opponent when at a considerable distance. Starting a melee attack with a ki blast is probably his best option to compensate for his lack of melee speed but even that, it’s not always reliable.

On the upside, he is still as strong and durable as ever. The only two noteworthy specials attacks he has are Gigantic Hammer (his famous ‘in your face’ attack from BT3) and Eraser Blow (his dash super in LSS form only). Gigantic Hammer is by far one of the best close range special attacks in the game in my opinion. It’s very combo friendly and a superb counter measure against pitbull opponents. However, the downside to this attack is it can be countered and not entirely unblockable (unless your opponent is still halfway through his melee animation). Eraser Blow is your typical dash special but for some reason, it doesn’t guard break upon contact against a defending opponent. I have no idea why Spike decided to gimp this dash super since just about every other super dash attacks in the game has guard breaking properties. Broly is not even broken in this game!. Omega Blaster ultimate is thankfully still unblockable (and by far the best looking ultimate sequence in the game imo) and his new SS3 dash ultimate is not too shabby either (well at least it breaks guard).

All in all, I would have to say Broly is below average in this game due to his gimped melee. My online experience with him hasn’t been as rewarding as say Goku or Piccolo (which btw is tops again and belongs in the broken tier *coughinfiniteloopcough*) and most of my wins are typically against newbies or players who aren’t skilled in teleporting. I have yet to see a pro Broly player in action but I suspect most players will stay away from him as he has become a difficult character to use since he has lost a lot of the elements that made him a superb close range fighter in BT3.
cml64
cml64
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by cml64 Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:34 am

I know this is a SS3 Broly thread but his LSS counterpart is almost identical in gameplay (minus a few missing special attacks) so I have decided to lump his LSS form in the mix too.
cml64
cml64
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:23 am

Good shit cml. I have a few more things to add.

One thing you forgot to look at was that his signature is a grab with super armor. I think that's why you may find Broly underwhelming. All of his charged melee cancels to his signature and can be guard/step cancelled during charge, and gets RA cancels from his sweep, and his RA string is super cancellable (Though Eraser Cannon will never connect from it). Also, all of his forms have NC kiai.

His base and SSJ forms aren't really very special (though SSJ does get Explosive Wave), and LSSJ gets Explosive Wave. Omega Blaster is blockable now, actually.

Broly's best form is not very clear cut. SSJ having Explosive Wave means he has an easier time with auto-vanish, while LSSJ and SSJ3 have Gigantic Hammer for nasty ass ticks. Also, SSJ3 hits HARD...for simple strings it's EASY to take off 13k of your health. Base form is undoubtedly his worst, though.

Broly's not that bad, actually. He's nerfed from his previous versions, but he's still good.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by cml64 Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:12 pm

THTB wrote:Good shit cml. I have a few more things to add.

One thing you forgot to look at was that his signature is a grab with super armor. I think that's why you may find Broly underwhelming. All of his charged melee cancels to his signature and can be guard/step cancelled during charge, and gets RA cancels from his sweep, and his RA string is super cancellable (Though Eraser Cannon will never connect from it). Also, all of his forms have NC kiai.

His base and SSJ forms aren't really very special (though SSJ does get Explosive Wave), and LSSJ gets Explosive Wave. Omega Blaster is blockable now, actually.

Broly's best form is not very clear cut. SSJ having Explosive Wave means he has an easier time with auto-vanish, while LSSJ and SSJ3 have Gigantic Hammer for nasty ass ticks. Also, SSJ3 hits HARD...for simple strings it's EASY to take off 13k of your health. Base form is undoubtedly his worst, though.

Broly's not that bad, actually. He's nerfed from his previous versions, but he's still good.

What's NC kiai?

His cancelling abilities are alright. If your opponent blocks a full RA string, Broly can cancel his last attack into a Gigantic Hammer and quite often, this will catch most players off guard. Is it possible to dodge this super attack by swaying?

His signature cost too much ki to be of any effective use imo. It cost one whole ki bar (equivalent to a Gigantic Hammer) and the damage from the throw is laughable. Plus, your opponent can quick recover. It wouldn't have been half bad if they couldn't quick recover as this will give Broly time to recharge back his ki. I'd stick to his Gigantic Hammer instead.

Omega Blaster ultimate is unblockable (I'm pretty sure it is. Might double check on this later). His SS3 Omega Blaster special isn't. I dunno why the special and ultimate versions were given the same name. His LSS ultimate attack should have been called Gigantic Meteor just like the Budokai games.

My issue with Explosive Wave is it's quite easy to teleport the second hit. Speaking of Explosive wave, this attack got nerfed to. In BT3, this was considered to be one of the best melee/combo breakers in the game. You could pretty much stop your opponent meleeing you to death with this B1 attack.

Kakarot is generally useless as it keeps draining ki despite the temporary boost in attack, defense and also armor. Smart players will just fly away until you have run out of ki. Plus, you can't even charge back your ki whilst being in this state.

I am alright with Broly but against other seemingly top tier characters, he just can't keep up with the rest anymore. THe lack of good passive abilities hurts him even more. SS3 does hit hard but even that is not enough to save him. I'd like to be proven wrong though but given there aren't many good Broly players online, I doubt this will ever happen.

I am bit harsh on Broly in RB coz they took away a lot of his features that made him great in BT3. I never considered his super armor to be his greatest asset in BT3 but rather his meleeing abilities.
cml64
cml64
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:43 pm

NC = naturally combos. Kiai is Smash Attack 2...or Kiai Cannon from the previous games.

Gigantic Hammer can only be dodged by using the smash counter (R1+Triangle), like with other rushes. However it comes out near-instantaneous...so if you're committed to a non-charged attack/super, you get hit.

His signature ensures he stays relatively safe after his strings, it covers a great distance, and, if you have enough ki, is a free super (which will happen fairly often if you manage ki well). It's not meant to be thrown out anywhere, really, and doesn't drain as much ki as Gigantic Hammer, and it also has super armor...making it a good defensive move as well that leaves you with some ki to spare.

Omega Blaster is indeed blockable now. I've set the AI to defense on practice, and they blocked it entirely. It's not as good as BT3...mainly because he doesn't need it.

Explosive Wave isn't meant for defense anymore, actually. It can't be done out of block. What it is for is activating stuff like Wild Sense or Afterimage, to get the opponent to waste it, and it drains very little ki...making it one of the best supers in the game.

Kakarot is indeed useless.

His melee's fine. NC kiai and super cancel from RA string is much better than you think. Super cancelling is VERY good because not only are supers a large part of damage, but some very resourceful ones counteract other things.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Volienzo Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:47 pm

I agree with your post Az, minus one thing. Gigantic Hammer is a throw super and if you can predict it, you can sway to avoid it.
Volienzo
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by cml64 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:21 am

You were right about the Omega Blaster ultimate THTB. It is indeed blockable. Oh well, not a big loss. I find it strange the AI has never blocked the attack in all my VS games. That's why I never once doubt the move was unblockable.
cml64
cml64
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:14 pm

cml, you really should reply to my comments on your BL videos...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DARK SONIC Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:38 pm

i'd have to say that while broly has alot of cons about him he's still an all around ("manageable" lol) btw when I post some videos on my youtube account if you guys want to see my broly then feel free to watch.
DARK SONIC
DARK SONIC
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 2
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Dog

http://videogamecompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down