Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DBZ DUBS

+7
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Soriphen
Heromaster111
TrollCapAmerica
Thalès76
Bond
devilmaggot666
11 posters

Go down

DBZ DUBS Empty DBZ DUBS

Post by devilmaggot666 Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Not sure if this question has already been asked but oh well.
Which DBZ Dub do you like the best? Do you like Ocean, Funi, or the Original Japanese voices best and why?
devilmaggot666
devilmaggot666
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Battle Power : 124

Back to top Go down

DBZ DUBS Empty Re: DBZ DUBS

Post by Bond Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Funi because its better than the Ocean dub and I prefer English.
Bond
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 289
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:35 am

Personal preference

Japanese > French > English

Both French and English dub have problems because one voice actor plays over 10 characters and they sound relatively the same. In Japanese you have one voice actor per character except for the Son family.

Last edited by Thalès76 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Bond Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:09 am

Thalès76 wrote:Personal preference

Japanese < French < English

Both French and English dub have problems because one voice actor plays over 10 characters and they sound relatively the same. In Japanese you have one voice actor per character except for the Son family.

So what? Dan Castellaneta voices at least 10 recurring characters on The Simpsons and not one of them sound alike. I don't think any characters stand out in DBZ as sounding the same...I mean some sound similar but not even close to being the same. Good voice actors can voice as many characters as they please and create a voice for each one. Sabat does this in DBZ and he is a great VA. That's part of their job, to create voices for different characters.
Bond
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:20 am

Yamcha sounds exactly like Jeice except for the accent.
They all sound very similar, that's what I don't like, Piccolo and Vegeta is another exemple.
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:14 am

Seriously whatshisname doesnt even try and do a different voice for Piccalo Super Buu Vegeta etc

This also doesnt even bring up the retarded dialogue as they scramble to match mouthflaps or the retarded random dialogue changes

This si also before you get into guys like Gokus VA that have all the emotional impact of a summer breeze or the kid characters all sounding like chain smoking gremlins talking through rusty subway speakers.I mean serriously what the FUCK is Kid Gohan supposed to sound like?Im always waiting for kid Gohan and Goku to go "GIZMO CAKA RRWWAAHAHH' before Frieza tosses them in a microwave
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bond Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:53 pm

TrollCapAmerica wrote:Seriously whatshisname doesnt even try and do a different voice for Piccalo Super Buu Vegeta etc

This also doesnt even bring up the retarded dialogue as they scramble to match mouthflaps or the retarded random dialogue changes

This si also before you get into guys like Gokus VA that have all the emotional impact of a summer breeze or the kid characters all sounding like chain smoking gremlins talking through rusty subway speakers.I mean serriously what the FUCK is Kid Gohan supposed to sound like?Im always waiting for kid Gohan and Goku to go "GIZMO CAKA RRWWAAHAHH' before Frieza tosses them in a microwave

What do you mean? Are you saying Super Buu, Vegeta and Piccolo all sound the same? They don't. They all have distinctly different voices. If I heard their voices with no visual, I could easily determine which voice belongs to which character. Saying Jeice sounds like Yamcha EXCEPT for his accent is an oxymoron.

Judging a voice performance on 'How different each character sounds from one another' is one of the dumbest ways to rate it. These people are actors. When a voice actor voices a character he goes by what the character looks like, what their personality is etc, it's not 'oh I have to make this character sound different from that other one.'
Bond
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:02 am

TrollCapAmerica wrote: When a voice actor voices a character he goes by what the character looks like, what their personality is etc, it's not 'oh I have to make this character sound different from that other one.'

Yes and that's exactly where Funi fails, Vegeta is supposed to sound like a proud prince not a crackhead, see Vegeta laughing when he thought he destroyed Cell with the Final Flash.
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Heromaster111 Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 am

Did Cap and Bond trade places?
Heromaster111
Heromaster111
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 231
Zodiac Signs : Virgo Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Funi cause I love my Sean and Chris Very Happy. Btw Thales, you got the order of the "greater than" and "less than" signs wrong ;P. BWAHAHAHA!
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:46 pm

Bond wrote:
TrollCapAmerica wrote:Seriously whatshisname doesnt even try and do a different voice for Piccalo Super Buu Vegeta etc

What do you mean? Are you saying Super Buu, Vegeta and Piccolo all sound the same? They don't. They all have distinctly different voices. If I heard their voices with no visual, I could easily determine which voice belongs to which character. Saying Jeice sounds like Yamcha EXCEPT for his accent is an oxymoron.

Judging a voice performance on 'How different each character sounds from one another' is one of the dumbest ways to rate it. These people are actors. When a voice actor voices a character he goes by what the character looks like, what their personality is etc, it's not 'oh I have to make this character sound different from that other one.'

Its the same gravely voice by the same VA.He does the same thing in a different pitch for each of them.Its just some guy talking like hes gargling gravel and sounding more like Gargamel than Vegeta
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:11 pm

He does sound sexi though Wink.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Japanese dub sux monkey ballz. Everyother dub that is not Funi sux elephant ballz. However, Ocean was good up to the Frieza saga. After that Ocean also sucked. Funi is the only good dub out there
1SSJ4Gogeta1
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Battle Power : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:42 pm

1SSJ4Gogeta1 wrote:Japanese dub sux monkey ballz. Everyother dub that is not Funi sux elephant ballz. However, Ocean was good up to the Frieza saga. After that Ocean also sucked. Funi is the only good dub out there

Allow me to counter with

'MMMEEEE EAAAATTTTT YUUOOOUUU UUUUPPP

BUU SCREAM RETARD ELMO.ME GET UNINTELLIGABLEYAHABGHSSATEA5TRLGARRGH
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GVgogeta102 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:11 pm

TrollCapAmerica wrote:
1SSJ4Gogeta1 wrote:Japanese dub sux monkey ballz. Everyother dub that is not Funi sux elephant ballz. However, Ocean was good up to the Frieza saga. After that Ocean also sucked. Funi is the only good dub out there

Allow me to counter with

wut?
GVgogeta102
GVgogeta102
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 140
Zodiac Signs : Capricorn Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 pm

Seriously Jap all the way. The voices represent what Akira wanted them to sound like so thats what they should sound like.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 251
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:27 am

american dubs are usually horrible...for most stuff...there are some exceptions..

funimation not being one of them :/
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thalès76 Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:45 am

TrollCapAmerica wrote:

Allow me to counter with

LOL
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraOwnKeyblade Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:49 am

I don't really like anv of DBZ's dubs at the moment. I dislike the Japanese version for the over the top, melodramatic line deliveries and some voices just sound really obnoxious. Then there's the English versions, FUNi was just fresh meat when Dragon Ball Z was dubbed, it was only up until LATE DB(during the 22nd Budokai arc) did they start to get good at what they were doing. The result of their lack of experience at the time in acting, translating and so forth was just lousy.

With that all said, I am looking forward to FUNi's redub for DBKai. Ever since their fuck ups with DBZ, every other dub they've done turned out rather outstanding and well done as they got more better in their work(such as Yu Yu Hakusho's dub, when they saved One Piece with their redub after 4kids almost killed it with their shit dubbing work, FMA, etc.).

Hell, apparently Daizex which is the most hardcore "original version" fansite/forum is actually looking forward to it after the positive reaction from the first few episodes that aired at a recent convention. Now that's saying something, FUCKING DAIZEX HAVING HIGH HOPES FOR A DUB OF DRAGON BALL. It's already shocking how they're using the original names(most of them at least) for some attacks that were poorly translated(such as Special Beam Cannon).
SoraOwnKeyblade
SoraOwnKeyblade
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 7
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: