Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancel help

3 posters

Go down

Cancel help Empty Cancel help

Post by BrickBreak Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi. I just bought this game, I figured I would learn how to cancel since it seems to make your life easier after you get the hang of it. I can't seem to do it. It feels like you have to do it really fast.

A combo with Goku I'm trying to do is basic.

KKKK *cancel* ->PKK *cancel* PPPPE

Someone posted that on gamefaqs.

I did it once but I seem to screw up when it is time to cancel. Also is there a place where I can find the best cancel combos for each character?
BrickBreak
BrickBreak
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Battle Power : 7

Back to top Go down

Cancel help Empty Re: Cancel help

Post by TrollCapAmerica Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:26 am

BrickBreak wrote:Hi. I just bought this game, I figured I would learn how to cancel since it seems to make your life easier after you get the hang of it. I can't seem to do it. It feels like you have to do it really fast.

A combo with Goku I'm trying to do is basic.

KKKK *cancel* ->PKK *cancel* PPPPE

Someone posted that on gamefaqs.

I did it once but I seem to screw up when it is time to cancel. Also is there a place where I can find the best cancel combos for each character?

Remember that the attack has to still be in the process of charging to be cancelable.Setting a shoulder button to guard can help make that alot easier.
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickBreak Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:15 pm

I see.

I set the guard button to R1 the moment I got the game because from playing KOF, pressing triangle and X is really hard when trying to do BC combos in 2002.

I've been getting the hang of canceling with Goku. I have trouble with characters who have directional input in the middle of their strings, like Vegeta. Is this normal?

I have trouble doing -> KKK ->K

How fast do I have to be with inputs? I wind up doing KKKK or ->KKKK. Should I just slow down? I fear if I slow down the combo won't register.
BrickBreak
BrickBreak
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by GVgogeta102 Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:30 pm

I suggest you practice with future trunks (not sword trunks) since he's easier to chain cancels with and then start canceling with goku.
And NO, don't slow down. Since you've been getting better at canceling, I assume you know that slowing down will give the opponent time to recover from the last hit.
GVgogeta102
GVgogeta102
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 140
Zodiac Signs : Capricorn Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickBreak Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:36 pm

I haven't unlocked Future trunks yet.

I think that if I could get the hang of directional strings it wouldn't be a problem. I just can't understand how to do it without screwing it up. It seems that I enter the direction but I still don't get it.

A combo like ->K KK -> K is almost impossible. I get it sometimes but mainly if I start with it. If I try to cancel into it I almost always screw up. I assumed combos in this game would be easier than street fighter because of no quarter and half circles and you just press buttons and directions.

I was wrong Sad
BrickBreak
BrickBreak
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by GVgogeta102 Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:43 pm

If it's another road you're playing then you should start with future trunks bro.
That should be easy, ->K KK I mean. All you need to do is hold the last K and then press the guard button. The ->K will most likely sent the opponent flying so why not use <-P PPK*.
GVgogeta102
GVgogeta102
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 140
Zodiac Signs : Capricorn Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by BrickBreak Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:07 am

I'm playing Budokai 3. I also ordered infinite world. I'm sorry i didn't specify which game I am playing.

I just beat DU with Goku so I unlocked everyone that comes from his DU. I was planning on doing DU with Vegeta next and I wanted to practice his BNB's. I don't own a PSP so I never played SBAR
BrickBreak
BrickBreak
Saiyan Noob
Saiyan Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum