Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About DBC

+2
Thalès76
1SSJ4Gogeta1
6 posters

Go down

About DBC Empty About DBC

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:00 pm

So yes we got the news that Arshaq will be banned and nothing will be changed. I don't know about the Arshaq situation but I think there needs to be some changes. As you all know, we have lost quite a few of our mods. Now we only have about 1 fully active mod and 2 semi active mods. There is also Tay, but he is rarely here to watch the site. Dizlord and Aneila are basically dead and could no longer watch the site. This site needs another mod who is fully active and could watch the site most of the time because there could be some hidden trolls that come when people least expect it. Since our mod staff is very weak right now this would be a perfect time for trolls to attack us. We NEED more protection against these trolls. These trolls will ruin the chat and destroy the over all peace and prosperity of this site. With the recruit of another mod, this site will be fully protected because this mod will be able to get rid of trolls and keep conversations in order.

In my experience, I have seen no mods active during the weekday afternoons and nights most of the time. This is dangerous time to have no mods because this is when other normal members basically have a peaceful chat. If there were to be any troll during this time, these members would be in a living hell. They won't be able to talk and they will be frustrated. Sooner or later, these weekday after noon to night trolls will eventually cause most of our normal members to leave the site because they will not tolerate this situation. With the loss of our few but very important members, this site will fall and cease to exist. If this site falls, us members including myself, will not be able to get in touch with each other anymore causing mass chaos. There will be no other decent site to talk about our beloved Dbz games. Us Dbz players will not be able to discuss new things we found. So we need more protection against these trolls to keep peace in DBC.

I had a discussion with some very close Dbc members a few days ago. We talked thoroughly on what to do about the whole protection of the site thing. We agreed that our mod staff isn't that powerful. We thought that we should choose a person from this site to add to the mod staff. Someone who can watch the site during the weekdays when other mods aren't here. This person should be someone who has been with the site since it's birth. Someone who doesn't ban people for no reason. A person who keeps his/her emotions from interfering with their judgment. A person who is fair and listens to both sides to an arguement before any decision to ban someone takes place. This new mod will be able to keep this site protected from any attacks from trolls resulting in the peace we all love to enjoy. In conclusion, if anyone has some ideas of a person who is like this please share them.

Last edited by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
1SSJ4Gogeta1
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Battle Power : 78

Back to top Go down

About DBC Empty Re: About DBC

Post by Thalès76 Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:34 am

Hmm.. I thought the inactive mods should be removed. There needed to be some changes, Arshaq being banned is one, but it's not all.

Last edited by Thalès76 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Bond Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:11 am

1SSJ4Gogeta1 wrote: If this site falls, us members including myself, will not be able to get in touch with each other anymore causing mass chaos.

Oh god
Bond
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 289
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:43 pm

1SSJ4Gogeta1 wrote:There is also Tay, but he is rarely here to watch the site.
I'm still here often enough. It's just I don't have a laptop anymore so my time modding is more limited than before. But I'm still here checking on everything.

Dizlord and Aneila are basically dead and could no longer watch the site.
Diz has been gone for a very long time...Idk what's up. Aneila is still around, though, like me, it's not as much as before.

This site needs another mod who is fully active and could watch the site most of the time because there could be some hidden trolls that come when people least expect it.
Who do you suggest?

Since our mod staff is very weak right now this would be a perfect time for trolls to attack us. We NEED more protection against these trolls. These trolls will ruin the chat and destroy the over all peace and prosperity of this site. With the recruit of another mod, this site will be fully protected because this mod will be able to get rid of trolls and keep conversations in order.
There's likely always gonna be a time when no mods are on. The members out of grade school have stuff like college and work to deal with, while the others have, well, grade school and can't even be here in the mornings unless they can access DBC from the school.

In my experience, I have seen no mods active during the weekday afternoons and nights most of the time. This is dangerous time to have no mods because this is when other normal members basically have a peaceful chat.
See above for reasons.

Most of this is just issues with time schedules because of the fact that our mods are also adults who are either in college or are working and no longer in school, except for I believe Sori. You may be right and we may need another mod. But it's not that we need another mod only...we also need much more activity among current mods if possible. I have my situation explained, though.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sowned Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 pm

@Gogeta
>Implying he needs mod powers

Also Diz got a life and a wife probably
sowned
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Well, I think I'm diong my job well. Just the other week, there was a troll spamming shit on the character discussion for RB. I was there to mod it out. I can mod at school cause I have a spare. And, if I'm not really on, I'm always checking, so, don't worry. As for chatango, it's not a big worry because for one, trolls aren't going to bother the place. Also, if they do, they aren't going to bother for long. There is always a mod who checks up at least once a day. That's what I'm doing right now. As for the perfect mod you are talking about...we really don't need a new mod and I think I fit the description you gave well, except that I sometimes am too lenient because I'm for the members and not against them. We just need more coordination between the mods and such. We actually don't have much of a problem now that Arshaq is gone. There was no one else besides Arshaq who caused the arguments and problems. We learned what our mistakes were and we were fair in letting him go multiple times.

Anyway, I have the mod powers mainly because I want to represent the community of DBC and be fair for the people, so for fairness and justice, I think I'm doing well. As for the strict mods, I think they provide a good foil if I'm too lenient. Also, like I said, at least one of us checks up on this site once a day. If I haven't done so much in the past, I can now because I have a spare in school.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: