Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who is the cheapest character in BL?

+4
THTB
TrollCapAmerica
Thalès76
ekimhclew
8 posters

Go down

who is the cheapest character in BL? Empty who is the cheapest character in BL?

Post by ekimhclew Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:47 pm

in your opinion.

and why
ekimhclew
ekimhclew
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Battle Power : 94
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Horse

Back to top Go down

who is the cheapest character in BL? Empty Re: who is the cheapest character in BL?

Post by Thalès76 Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:08 am

All of them
Thalès76
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 310
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

Back to top Go down

who is the cheapest character in BL? Empty Re: who is the cheapest character in BL?

Post by ekimhclew Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:29 am

ok please explain this to me thales
ekimhclew
ekimhclew
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:22 am

This could mean a few things

1] The characters in BL are pretty balanced for the most part and nobody considers anything wildly overpowered

2] The game is so badly designed it doesnt matter

3] Using the word "Cheap" in a competitive fighting game community is generally frowned upon
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ekimhclew Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:50 pm

ok well anyone who plays BL knows #1 isnt true, #2 is your own opinion, and we all know that some characters are cheap *cough Vegeta cough* so idk why it would be frowned upon.
ekimhclew
ekimhclew
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 pm

There really isn't anything "cheap" in fighting games...because "cheap" is a very subjective term.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Except for Tekken 6 that whole game is cheap
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 251
Zodiac Signs : Scorpio Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:47 am

KingDiamond wrote:Except for Tekken 6 that whole game is cheap

I hear it only cost 25 cents to play in the arcade as opposed to 50!
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ekimhclew Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:06 am

ok cheap as in which character has more advantages than the others.
ekimhclew
ekimhclew
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bond Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 pm

ekimhclew wrote:ok cheap as in which character has more advantages than the others.

So you're saying a cheap character is a good character? That means every character is cheap except for one.
Bond
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 289
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 am

TrollCapAmerica wrote:
KingDiamond wrote:Except for Tekken 6 that whole game is cheap

I hear it only cost 25 cents to play in the arcade as opposed to 50!

Exactly!
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by ekimhclew Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:09 pm

no you can be good without being cheap
ekimhclew
ekimhclew
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Yeah but that takes self control and I personally dont feel u should have to worry about it.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by ekimhclew Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:57 pm

a lot of people dont have self control. they utilize that bullshit like crazy and its annoying as fuck. and im just bored and the BL topics are dead as hell so i was just trying to start a topic
ekimhclew
ekimhclew
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:03 am

Thats cool man I agree with u about the bullshit tactics. I really wanted to like Tekken 6 because it use to be one of my favorite series. Online it was a double wammy of lag and douche bags tho. The computer is alright to play but that gets boring when u know u can be fighting real people. If the only way to win online is by being hella cheap right back at them then I dont want to play it.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by devilmaggot666 Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 pm

its all about tekken 3! lol im a big tekken fan up until the 5th one. it got too repetitive for me.
devilmaggot666
devilmaggot666
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Battle Power : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Nobody is obligated to play in a manner YOU consider fair.Theres usually 3 ways this goes

1] They are using simple tactics certain players just dont like.Often these tactics are usually easily batted aside by good players OR they are good perfectly legitimate tactics that take alot of work to use right.Either way if it works they should use it and you shouldnt bitch about it.You Cowboy up and learn to play fighting games or g0o back to playing Barbies Dream Horse adventure on the Wii

2] They are using a game-breaking glitch doing something insane and unstoppable.Things like Handcuff glitch old SFer ganes the Energy field game freeze glitch in B2 or the Gambit Glitch in MvsC2.Usually these are considered banned because they are a SERIOUS programming msitakes and/or they are basically unstoppable.Meanwhile a Glitch like the Juggernaut power-up glitch or the very concept of comboing ion the first SFer2 are fair game as they dont break the game and/or would be impoiossible to say no to in most circumstances

3] An overpowered moronically easy no skill tactic with disporportionately huge rewards.This is alot like the first example but the key difference between Ex1 and Ex3 is that Ex3 is that the latter is usually a product of shitty game design.Smash Bros DOA Killer Instinct half the KOFers anything with Combat mispelled Street Fighter:The Movie:The Game the first MvsC and countless other half assed fighters have had these problems.Its still perfectly legitimate to abuse the shitty busted tactics in the game and you should complain.The problem of course is that since we KNOW the game is shit in design................why should you play it at all?
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Ermmm Smash Bros...? I can argue bout that. The game actually takes loads of skill to even use the cheapest things in the game....Unless you're talking about Brawl cause that game is easy.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by devilmaggot666 Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:47 pm

ok so everyone knows when he refers to "cheap" hes really only talking about vegeta. Ex) when in his super vegeta form his back circle breaks through your r2 gaurd which is supossed to block all but grabs. he has the only attch that appears in front of them and can hurt you before the attack is actually used ie Big Bang. things along this matter. nowhere did he mention people playing cheap.
devilmaggot666
devilmaggot666
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Battle Power : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by ekimhclew Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:16 pm

exactly. develmaggot said it perfectly. i was personally talking about Vegeta for those two reasons, and the fact that he has AMAZING proiority, he does an insane amount of damage, for some reason his moves are harder to dodge than others, his ultimate is fucking crazy, i could go on and on. so all i was trying to do was get other peoples opinions. not get into an argument about spammers.
ekimhclew
ekimhclew
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:55 am

Soriphen wrote:Ermmm Smash Bros...? I can argue bout that. The game actually takes loads of skill to even use the cheapest things in the game....Unless you're talking about Brawl cause that game is easy.

I like Smash for what it was a better than it had to be party game.Then Brawl came along and not only created 2 characters with Yamcha priority but added the smash balls which are about as bad as getting all the gems in powerstone
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Yeah, Brawl is imba and shit. Though, Melee and 64 are very good. Melee may have had cheap shit, but, it was really hard to do such as waveshining and shit. Basically, to be cheap, you had to be damn good Lol. As for 64, that was the most balanced outta them all. DI also saves the games from having cheap ass combos. Other than that, gimping and such don't count since it's just good skill.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 am

devilmaggot666 wrote:its all about tekken 3! lol im a big tekken fan up until the 5th one. it got too repetitive for me.

3 was my fav too. The fact that kazuya wasnt in it sucked but that was about it.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:07 am

KingDiamond wrote:
devilmaggot666 wrote:its all about tekken 3! lol im a big tekken fan up until the 5th one. it got too repetitive for me.

3 was my fav too. The fact that kazuya wasnt in it sucked but that was about it.

Tekken 3 was the last one i played ALOT and got all the ins and outs of.The big problem was even if you didnt have the risdiculously oversized juggles that later games hd it didnt matter because alot of average sized juggles did 80% damage or better.Normal Ogre didnt even have to work hard to juggle you half to death
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by KingDiamond Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:46 am

I heard about some people totally killing with the Ogres back in the day. Never checked it out personally, was to into Jin and Bryan.
KingDiamond
KingDiamond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down