Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Android 18

3 posters

Go down

Android 18 Empty Android 18

Post by THTB Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:55 am

Late, but w/e.

I saw Cap stating 18 has no starters...that's totally not true.

Her only anytime starter is >KP-. It's not horrible, as it has great range on it. No nullification, though. <KK- in the air is an axekick cancel.

Her saving grace, though, is the fact that Deadly Dance is a good DM. It is VERY fast and punishes whatever, and is an infinite on its own, or through >KK>E (The >E has to be done pretty late, and the timing on >KK changes depending on whether it's post-ground DD juggle or post-air DD juggle). It's a very good tool for damage racking and whatnot, and

So, she's not really horrible, but definitely not great.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Android 18 Empty Re: Android 18

Post by MysticFog Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:05 am

...didnt i make a topic for 18 before?...where did it go? >_>
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TrollCapAmerica Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Well I may have been stuck offline a little while there but I didnt waste my time and I ended up working with 18 a bit myself

Basically shes alot like Android 20 in the way she needs to get into the air to have reasonable starters.Technically speaking her DM are pretty good especially since they arent just generic 300 damage beams which is better than 20.The thing is the character shes most similar too scrapes the bottom of the midtier already and I got a little {Android 20 Air] notation just to show how goood he SHOULD be if he just had those starters.

When it comes to 18 she she has better DMs but even with the addition of those extra starters shes still not all that grand Better yes but better within her own tier not beyond it.If anything she might show how we can find a few more things for characters by checking them more carefully in the air

Anyways to sum up some of the things I see

18 strengths

Unblockable Crossover at point blank
DD can be chained and puts the enemy in the air where she has better starters
2 good alternate DMs
Her HS has almost as much Reach/Speed as DD

Weakness

DD doesnt cause fatigue and after a couple can only be chained into itself meaning no more Ki gain
Trying to keep an opponent in the air where you are better off isnt feasable
While the new air starter is nice it lacks range/movement you would need for RD that keeps them from dashing to the ground again
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down