Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tien

2 posters

Go down

Tien Empty Tien

Post by THTB Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:45 am

All Tien info goes here.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tien Empty Re: Tien

Post by THTB Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:27 pm

--Reserved for Guide--
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Volienzo Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:30 am

Tien -
I've tried working with him for a while. His sig is useless, 0 damage and negative frames on hit. It has decent startup and cancels out energy attacks. But why would you ever want to use half a bar of ki to stop an attack that your opponent throws at you? You have enough options in dealing with enemy supers as it is - move out the way, wild sense, use your own super, block, deflect, and snap vanish. He doesn't need a sig to stop supers too. The only thing I haven't tested was it's hitbox when the opponent is using a rush super.

Tien cannot combo (air or ground) into his c4, sweep, or lift kick. He does have a super cancel at the end of his rush string, and he does have solar flare Tien Icon_biggrin. So in essence, you can do your rush string -> solar flare -> rush string -> tri-beam. His super cancel really helps him out imo, because with solar flare you can also get behind your opponent and combo your sweep and lift kicks.
Volienzo
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Battle Power : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Volienzo Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:25 am

Okay... I hate this game now and forget what I said about Tien up until this point. He is pretty Bad Ass...

*Can easily link his base combo after his guard breaking chain

*Can cancel and link into supers

*Has Solar Flare

*Has Wild Sense (I wish it were afterimage)

* His most important cancels are after the final hit of his rush string into a super, step-in, or jump-rush string. All three are invaluable!

Now because of his important cancels you can actually chain up to three full rush strings if you start on the ground:

Full Rush string - jump attack - Full Rush string - super cancel (wild sense) - Full Rush string.

Now you may be wondering wtf I am typing about, but it works. You can cancel into his wild sense super and immediately begin another rush string. You are also probably wondering why you would rather do another rush string and sacrifice the big damage of an actual super combo.

Well the answer's simple... solar flare.

Remember Tien can cancel his last hit into a step-in which you can link into an unblockable Solar Flare and start another combo. I would recommend that you plant your feet on the ground immediately after the solar flare because your combo has just reset and you can start anew.

So it would then look something like this:

FRC - jump attack - FRC - WS - FRC - step in - Solar Flare (reset)
plant feet - FRC - jump attack - FRC - Tri-beam.

With the proper custom setup you will be doing big damage with that. Another thing to mention is that once you activate Wild Sense and you combo into it... it doesn't take any ki. This brings another thing to mind - his Spirit Tri Beam. If timed correctly you should be able to WS cancel into a ki blast which should link into his Spirit Tri beam.

IMO this bumps Tien and anyone else with good super cancels and ws or ai.
Volienzo
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Volienzo Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:05 am

Tien can infinite with flying kicks in the air. His second flying kick only has the knockback effect on the ground.

It's not easy, a pretty small window to link his flying kick to normal melee.
Volienzo
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down