Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BL Tier List

+6
FurFarm
Thalès76
Forte
MysticFog
Soriphen
THTB
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

BL Tier List - Page 2 Empty Re: BL Tier List

Post by MysticFog Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Arshaq wrote:
seriously, you guys made this list on hypethetical ideas. not actual game pla.y

probably because of that lawl
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Battle Power : 299
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:58 pm

...? elaborate
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:07 pm

because you assume stupid things
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:31 pm

how am I assuming stupid things? You guys just guess and assume Piccolo can't be out prioritize, you guys assume Cell can out prioritize Piccolo. Or Gohan's >S and sheer R chain speed can't make him god tier.

Seriously, i play the game way more. And don't go saying, "you fight noobs" because if you ever faced those people, you'd get destroyed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm

its funny cause we have all played this game more then you :/
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:02 pm

lol? how does that work? tell me how you guys possibly played BL more than me in one month if I played it for over a year. I don't have a PhD in quantum physics and the incertenty principle. But it seems to me as if you divided by zero.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:04 pm

where the fuck did one month get pulled out from? lol
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:13 pm

ok, two months.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm

where did two come from lol
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticFog Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:26 pm

umm..ok
MysticFog
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:28 pm

idk, you tell me how long you played for.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:14 pm

Lol, Arshaq, the rest of us have been playing this game and the other Budokai games for well over 5 years now...not to mention, our info on the game was actually from offline play with other people. Nnamz, who has probably the most experience, even agrees with this. Your tactics are from online play, which...as we've told you in the past...means nothing.

Anyway, Piccolo is defensively the best character in the game. Ranged S starters with fairly decent priority (You have to remember, lacking a lunging S starter means you'll have a good deal of trouble getting in on Piccolo), LG is an amazing one-hit projectile that has very short cooldown, and his defense stat is the best in the game. When it comes to close quarters, he's not that bad either, with SSSS- being a very solid chain in priority. Overall, he is a very strong zoning character. It's not that easy to get in on him.

Cell is not top tier...simply put, everyone ahead of him is just better. His worst matchups are vs the characters above him.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Battle Power : 1029
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

https://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Piccolo gets easily out prioritized by Vegeta. You have no idea. Doesn't matter if it's online or not. Getting out prioritized is just simply going to happen. You guys do realize new things have been discovered that made some characters better than others.

Piccolo has a shitty <E and slow /\E Both of Vegeta's do more and are MUCH faster. Didn't Nnamz love Piccolo.

I like Cell, but i know he's no match for Vegeta against a solid player or Piccolo for the matter. but freeza sucks and has shitty and slow S chains.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:44 pm

THTB wrote:Lol, Arshaq, the rest of us have been playing this game and the other Budokai games for well over 5 years now...not to mention, our info on the game was actually from offline play with other people. Nnamz, who has probably the most experience, even agrees with this. Your tactics are from online play, which...as we've told you in the past...means nothing.

It ends from there. Anything from online play shouldn't even be considered...:/
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 574
Zodiac Signs : Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Anything from online that works on max lvl CPUs offline in BL needs to be considered. BL has the HARDEST CPUs out of all the DBZ games.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Umm...you do know that when you play a CPU, no matter how hard they are, they are still exploitable. CPUs aren't a good way to base info on because they have patterns and don't think like a human. The only thing CPUs are good for are for practice as a moving target for your combos...anything metagame and onwards that you practice on them is not applicable to humans.

Simply put, machines aren't human.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:53 pm

You clearly haven't played BL's CPUs if you're claiming that. Don't make claims like that. Frame perfect canceling is a bigger advantage than using the same combo.

Plus the CPU is as smart, if not smarter than most people. It actually exploits the brokeness of BL and takes it to a whole new level. Seriously, don't make assumptions like that Sori.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:54 pm

Wow, Arshaq...You know, I'm just gonna stop here. Your head is a bit too thick.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:58 pm

how...? you've never actually played BL. like the real version. I played B3 and the CPU can't even combo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Arshaq, it's just way too apparent you have no idea how competitive play or tier lists work.

The AI is exploitable. It has set patterns that do not change...whereas humans can switch up and think far outside the box at a moment's notice. The AI is not smart...it does not think about what's the best approach, and it does not understand metagame aspects...it just goes by whatever it is programmed to do at whatever situation. You cannot learn tactics through playing the AI...you just learn scrubby patterns that just get you fucked up vs an actual human. I can just abuse an exploit sequence vs the AI and THEY CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT...they will continue to fall for the exploit because you're exploiting a weak point in programming.

Just stop trying to talk about something you really don't understand. You've played this for a year, yes, but how long you played doesn't mean shit if you still don't understand the game...which you don't. What the AI does doesn't even factor into actual competitive play, and online is NOT something you factor into competitive play. When you have like 8 frames of delay, and something can only be countered in like 2-3 frames, there is NO way you're going to react. The delay does not let you play off reaction, which is the best way to play a fighting game. This game is so hindered by online, and you don't see it because you're too stuck on thinking about combos. THERE'S MORE TO FIGHTING GAMES THAN JUST COMBOS. You can have shit for combo execution and still be good, because you understand the game, have experience, you play to win, and you have the mentality to win (Example: David Sirlin in ST/HDR, Arturo "Sabin" Sanchez in SFIV...who actually has beaten Daigo in a series of matches with his rather poor execution).

Take this post to heart, because it's coming from someone who does play fighting games competitively and has placed high in tournaments before.
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Soriphen Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:23 pm

I would've said the same thing...but, I can tell that Arshaq still won't get it through his head Lol.
Soriphen
Soriphen
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:03 am

canceling + strategies > understanding game

i don't understand your points at all because according to you...tiers are all the matter. Seriously, take the argument someone else. >_>
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by THTB Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:11 am

You just don't get it.

In order to develop strategies and effectively use cancelling, you have to understand the game itself. You have to understand the strong points and limitations of each chain, each super, character hitboxes, etc. You can't come up with tactics without knowing the entire details.

No one is saying tiers are all that matter (though they matter HEAVILY at the highest levels of play), we're saying don't base your strategies around what you can do vs the AI, because 98% of the time, your tactics are just AI exploits and humans will not fall for them...as well as trying to explain to you online's not the place to learn the game for the reasons I stated.

And last I checked, this is the tier list topic, so this is where tier discussion goes. >_>

I'm sorry, but does whatever anyone say just blow right through your ears?
THTB
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:17 am

You'd be surprised at what people fall for...People will just hold guard against someone charging an attack. I mean I do it, but let's use Gogetassj4666, he used charged attacks in countless battles against Victoriano. Always worked. And i highly doubt Vic sucked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next