Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by THTB on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Like the title says, this is a serious topic that needs to be addressed. I will not tolerate flaming in this topic at all...whether it be a member, mod, or admin.

As a matter of fact, this discussion is so serious I'm unbanning Arshaq for it...so whoever can talk to him, let him know to check this thread out.

It has been brought up to me that apparently some of the mods are banning people with little reason at all. I will not list the reasons, but a few members I will not name have mentioned this to me. Now note, I'm not able to be around as often as I'd like due to my living circumstances, as well as the lack of a laptop anymore...so I can't catch every little thing that happens.

But what I want is for any member to comment on this. I need to get to the bottom of this.

_________________
Fear the kickhammer!
avatar
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Gender : Male
Posts : 706
Battle Power : 1029
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Cleveland, Ohio
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by 1SSJ4Gogeta1 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:03 pm

Here are some things I know. Arshaq claims to be banned by certain mods for having a disagreeing opinion on something and he also claims to be banned for being middle eastern. I don't know if this is true but Arshaq says it is. Also, I beleive that even though Arshaq creates arguments in Chatango, the mods shouldn't continue the argument if they will just result in banning Arshaq. Mods should keep their feelings from interfering in what is right. I've seen this happen countless times in the past. I've also seen Sowned banned before because of some lame reason I don't remember.

After several discussions with other members, we agreed that some mods
needs to be removed. Inactive mods should definitely be removed because they no longer watch the site anymore. Another level-headed person who can handle mod
powers should replace the removed mods. This new mod should be an active
one who is on the site a lot to keep things in order. Mods should also not ban someone because of their personal beleifs. A mod should let the people have a say on what should happen to someone. If a lot of people prefer to ban a person, then that person should be banned. If the people aren't included, this would cause a big argument causing a lot of hatred and I know that no one wants that.

Yeah so these are some on my thoughts in a nutshell....so yeah that's about it...
avatar
1SSJ4Gogeta1
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Gender : Male
Posts : 79
Battle Power : 78
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by FurFarm on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 pm

THTB wrote:As a matter of fact, this discussion is so serious I'm unbanning Arshaq for it...so whoever can talk to him, let him know to check this thread out.

He's actually still IP banned at the time of my posting this. I showed him how to use a proxy for access. So mote it be(!)

FurFarm
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Posts : 25
Battle Power : 26
Join date : 2009-09-25
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by THTB on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Whoops. Hold on. Fixing that.

_________________
Fear the kickhammer!
avatar
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Gender : Male
Posts : 706
Battle Power : 1029
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Cleveland, Ohio
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by MOB712 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:16 pm

I like being a dick to you Arshaq cuz you are dick; you're funny dude. I do know "certain" ppl ban other "certain" ppl on various occasions because its funny.

Pretty stupid really, don't understand how they got mod powers.

I hate BL; I'll insult it all I want. I know why its inferior to other Dimps games. Ppl argue with you and "insult" you (like you don't do it yourself) because you're big headed for no real reason. You talk about BL and fighting games but there's some stuff you really don't understand tho you constantly say you do

You're right ppl should ban you for lulz, or because they're tired of arguing, but saying you're 16 isn't an excuse to act like an ass.

I'll be damned if I acted like you when I was 16 so that excuse doesn't fly.

Either way, there does need to be some changes when it comes to mod status.
avatar
MOB712
Saiyan Soldier
Saiyan Soldier

Gender : Male
Posts : 54
Battle Power : 50
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Florida
Zodiac Signs : Cancer Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by MysticFog on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:59 pm

im pretty sure i act my age here lol..

and i myself am getting sick of arshaq getting banned..im sick of the constant chatango messages everyday asking me to unban or ask hero about something..whatever..you guys just need to ignore each other like i have been saying since the beginning.

with that said...this site is pretty much dead..its not that it sucks..its that its dead.

mostly the reason why its dead is because it looks so unprofessional at the moment because some of you decide to troll and flame and derail topics like fuckin madmen..and you guys know who you are :/

i know i havent been around much to comment on most of this..but i try to keep this site looking nice and fix problems when i see them..but i have alot of stuff going down now..and my presence in the DBZ gaming has diminished because of a few things..

1. My life: I have a girl now and i have two jobs

2. I don't have a ps2 anymore cause sony makes bum systems

3. no intellectual and in-depth conversations. its one thing to discuss tiers and characters..its another to just be like "no he sucks" or "no your opinion sucks" or "your a noob".

with that said..i can only say this...dimps needs to get off their asses and make a NEW game..not the same old re-hashed shit they been doing (ill take a BL2 if even)..and some mods are inactive..and some are more active and i do feel that hero sometimes abuses his power with arshaq (only against him though IMO)...so..i mean..i dunno ....>_>

_________________
Death to the Overrated
avatar
MysticFog
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 248
Battle Power : 299
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Michigan...
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Tiger

View user profile http://www.gamefaqs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:30 pm

This is getting idiotic

Arsshaq is butthurt because i mentioned that I mentioned most of his BL work is nothing more than adding hits in combo.We have seen his matches his tier list attempt and his contributions and we know that it just isnt that good.We know that BL is a bad game with slow as fuck movement and a turtle friendly system that all of usa know how to exploit and stall to a point a MvsC runaway Storm couldnt manage before punishing any openning weith ^E seconds after your last TC

If you say otherwise your an idiot.Arshaq himself has even said he goes for combos more to make the matches more interesting rather than playing it at the lowest common denominator.He actually said this while trolling my Sticky topic where i summarily erased our entire conversation.This was because it wasent directed at him as much as my irritation over alot of the later B3 and IW matches guys were putting out being far too focused on combo exhibitions with all those 30+ hit infinites ending in a character being dropped before a DM was landed to end it

I never lied while talking to him and he has plenty of time because deep down he KNOWS he cant say shit to me about any of these games.It disgusts me that I have to continully justify my reputation my ability and my work to the people that know it best all because some half assed BL player lies when he is out of serviceable ammunition

For banning people remember that its all Younger fighting with Heromaster.Younger does something obnoxious Hero bans him then he sneaks aroudn to whatever mod wasent aroudn at the time and says he got banned for absolutely nothing.It used to me who unbanned him because I felt sorry for him then after he started dicking with me he started sucking up to Sori as much as possible so he could always get inbanned.Sori is a nice guy and usually didnt know the kind of shit punkbitch was doing so he unbanned him This has lead to Hero banning him at the drop of a hat BECAUSE he never should have been talking there in the first place

AND NOW fucking look at us.Some retarded insecure eric cartman wannabe has you full grown men sitting around disscussing what we should do with our website and community.You dont see Gogeta coming here yelling at everyone and making hate topics because I said his work is too exhibitionay do you?Or calling everyone inmature while trolling every tiopic and every board and every conversation on this site.
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by devilmaggot666 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:43 pm

havent been around long enough to know the truth but if someone is abusing their power i feel they need to get the fuck out. same with inactive members, Better phrased people in charge i.e mods and admins. if there are any.
avatar
devilmaggot666
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Gender : Male
Posts : 100
Battle Power : 124
Join date : 2009-12-22
Location : US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Heromaster111 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Am tired of this shit. I'm tired of having to justify myself to this fucker so, I'm gone Tay thanks for giving me admin/mod powers but just remove me from team I am not coming back, am done with this site. It's been nice guys but this is too fuckin' annoying I got better things to do with my life than feel the need to fuckin' to explain why I ban this fuck when it's obvious.

So to all my friends Cap, Fog, Tay, and anyone else so long. To Arshaq fuck off you miserable pile of shit.

_________________
Asuka Langley Soryu-God's gift to anime and quite possibly.....the world
avatar
Heromaster111
Saiyan Administrator
Saiyan Administrator

Gender : Male
Posts : 241
Battle Power : 231
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Sylacauga, AL don't worry I know it sucks
Zodiac Signs : Virgo Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:43 pm

edited


Last edited by Arshaq on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Arshaq wrote:Oh, cool guys, thanks for deleting my fucking comment. Grow the fuck up.

And cap, i still don't see a video of myself getting owned by a ppppe spammer. Tell me I suck after you live that shame down.

hero: one less filthy republican gone and no more porn.

Funny your only ammunition is still something you say because you think it hurts my feelings,.Your still too stupid to understand its the fact that your lying and only doing it get a rise out of thats annoying.The fact that you sit there finger in your nose praising yourself for you wit is whats irritating.

I KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING FATTY.Everyone knows the story of that video your JUST saying "Cat ears cat ears cat ears" and nobody takes it seriously

Its like I had such high hopes for you at one time and you just turned out to be pants on head retarded and PROUD as hell about the fact


Last edited by TrollCapAmerica on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by GVgogeta102 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Well................ The inactive mods should be removed. Arsh is a douche-nozzle so banning him won't hurt anyone.

(Opinions all the way )
avatar
GVgogeta102
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Gender : Male
Posts : 165
Battle Power : 140
Join date : 2009-11-11
Location : up ur @$$
Zodiac Signs : Capricorn Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Lishenron on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:36 pm

why was arsh's post deleted?

Lishenron
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Posts : 36
Battle Power : 33
Join date : 2009-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Why do my comments keep getting deleted?

EDIT: anyways, this is fucking unfair my comments get deleted. i spend 10-20 min writing that paragraph about everything wrong i did and everything wrong they did. You can\'t just David Blaine that shit. Tay please remove all mods and give Sori, Fog, and Gogeta mod powers. They are fair and mature.


Last edited by Arshaq on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by TrollCapAmerica on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:47 pm

I didnt touch your post bro ive been off on EQ for quite a while.Its still nice to know your thinking about me though
avatar
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Posts : 352
Battle Power : 372
Join date : 2009-09-15
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 pm

kk edited.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Lishenron on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah, there really was no reason to delete arsh's post. Arsh posted everything he felt was wrong, and since this is a serious discussion,there was no reason to delete it.

Lishenron
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Posts : 36
Battle Power : 33
Join date : 2009-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Thalès76 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:22 am

I mean i'm not going to start a BL discussion with people who aren't interested in the game, nor would I brag about how I could potentially beat other people who don't even play the game, but if someone insults BL I will say my opinion on it. I think Arshaq you should talk about BL with people who like the game, like Zeus, me and FF. It's good that you want to defend the game, but do it in a reasonable way, you know what I mean.

It goes for me too, or anybody on this site.
avatar
Thalès76
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Gender : Male
Posts : 329
Battle Power : 310
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : Quebec city
Zodiac Signs : Taurus Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Raikoh Ogawa on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:37 am

How about we vote on which mod(s) should be stripped of their power?
avatar
Raikoh Ogawa
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Gender : Male
Posts : 38
Battle Power : 47
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : The south

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Bond on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:12 am

I think the reason Tay keeps Arshaq around is because if he decided he wanted to destroy DBC it would be easier to just give Arshaq mod powers than to close it the normal way.
avatar
Bond
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Gender : Male
Posts : 265
Battle Power : 289
Join date : 2009-10-15
Location : Australia
Zodiac Signs : Aquarius Snake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by THTB on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:30 pm

I should've realized this shit was even a bad idea...because it turned into what I fucking didn't want it to turn into...flames.

Did you guys not fucking read?

This isn't even about Arshaq. It's about mods banning with no real reason. I got a tip that people OTHER THAN ARSHAQ were getting banned for just "lulz". That shit DOESN'T fly and the only reason I hadn't done anything about it was because I didn't even know this shit was going on.

The fuck...now it turns into an argument between Arshaq vs everyone else. This is fucking stupid. We STILL don't know what the hell was going on with guys like sowned getting banned, allegedly. That was the whole point of this topic...NOT ARSHAQ! I unbanned him so that he could say his piece (Even though he STILL managed to flame like I said not to).

Wtf ever...I'm just about at wits end with this site. It's probably better if I fucking close the shit. The only fucking activity we get is the flame wars when Arshaq is around. Seriously...I might as well just say fuck it. Only a fucking click away.


Last edited by THTB on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Fear the kickhammer!
avatar
THTB
Saiyan Creator
Saiyan Creator

Gender : Male
Posts : 706
Battle Power : 1029
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : Cleveland, Ohio
Zodiac Signs : Gemini Snake

View user profile http://dbcompetitive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:39 pm

Thalès76 wrote:I mean i'm not going to start a BL discussion with people who aren't interested in the game, nor would I brag about how I could potentially beat other people who don't even play the game, but if someone insults BL I will say my opinion on it. I think Arshaq you should talk about BL with people who like the game, like Zeus, me and FF. It's good that you want to defend the game, but do it in a reasonable way, you know what I mean.

It goes for me too, or anybody on this site.

Well Thales, do you see me inviting anyone apart from the BL players here? Or even in the BL topic. Everyone just posts there and starts a fight by just saying BL sucks. We always narrow it down to me VS everyone else. How about people don't come in the fucking BURST LIMIT sub-forum just to demean it? How about that. I don't go in the IW or RB sub-forums and make fun of how shitty they are or might be.



Raikoh Ogawa wrote:How about we vote on which mod(s) should be stripped of their power?

How it stands as of now: 8 or 9 mods, maybe MAYBE 15-18 members. Now that's AFTER i brought in about 10 or so BL players who actually log on almost every day. There were MORE mods than freaking members. If you crossed their path, you'd get banned.

Bond wrote:I think the reason Tay keeps Arshaq around is because if he decided he wanted to destroy DBC it would be easier to just give Arshaq mod powers than to close it the normal way.

You, if you have nothing to contribute and you just want to be a tool. Don't post here.

@Tay: Deleted/edited my comments and only kept the relevant ones.

@EVERYONE: I did not even talk to Tay, for everyone who thinks I complained to tay, well i'm not. Other members say what happened to me and decided to do something about it. Don't assume things. Even ask sori, he told me i should just take a break. I didn't ask him to unban me or talk to tay (if he did).

Anyways, how I see it: Mods VS Members or Elites VS Masses (elites because they have mod powers). Why would we even revolt if everything was gumdrops and ice cream? If this major crisis isn't a wake up call. Then I don't know what is.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Lishenron on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:32 pm

THTB wrote:I should've realized this shit was even a bad idea...because it turned into what I fucking didn't want it to turn into...flames.

Did you guys not fucking read?

This isn't even about Arshaq. It's about mods banning with no real reason. I got a tip that people OTHER THAN ARSHAQ were getting banned for just "lulz". That shit DOESN'T fly and the only reason I hadn't done anything about it was because I didn't even know this shit was going on.

The fuck...now it turns into an argument between Arshaq vs everyone else. This is fucking stupid. We STILL don't know what the hell was going on with guys like sowned getting banned, allegedly. That was the whole point of this topic...NOT ARSHAQ! I unbanned him so that he could say his piece (Even though he STILL managed to flame like I said not to).

Wtf ever...I'm just about at wits end with this site. It's probably better if I fucking close the shit. The only fucking activity we get is the flame wars when Arshaq is around. Seriously...I might as well just say fuck it. Only a fucking click away.

Tay, Arshaq did post his reasons,but hero deleted his post.

Dont close the topic/site. But we do feel that in the end, you need to change the mod system.

Or do wat raikoh said

Lishenron
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Posts : 36
Battle Power : 33
Join date : 2009-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Raikoh Ogawa on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Tay i'm going to make this easy, List all of the mods and put a -0 by their name. The top three mods with the most votes should be exiled.
avatar
Raikoh Ogawa
Saiyan Grunt
Saiyan Grunt

Gender : Male
Posts : 38
Battle Power : 47
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : The south

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Three mods max, the rest should just be members.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Discussion (EVERYONE READ)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum