Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Dragon Ball Competitive
Welcome to Dragon Ball Competitive, your source for your DBZ metagaming!

You are currently not logged in to the forums. To post on the forums, you must login to an existing account. If you have not registered an account yet, please do so. It's very simple and only takes a few minutes!

Enjoy your stay!
Dragon Ball Competitive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The end of Spike's DBZ games. Will Dimps return?

+4
lordantonius
AquaTeamV3
Brohan
autobzooty
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The end of Spike's DBZ games. Will Dimps return? - Page 2 Empty Re: The end of Spike's DBZ games. Will Dimps return?

Post by Brohan Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Shin Budokai is much better IMO.

But I just like the engine better than IW's
Brohan
Brohan
Saiyan Elite
Saiyan Elite

Battle Power : 394
Zodiac Signs : Sagittarius Rat

Back to top Go down

The end of Spike's DBZ games. Will Dimps return? - Page 2 Empty Re: The end of Spike's DBZ games. Will Dimps return?

Post by TrollCapAmerica Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:26 am

Brohan wrote:Shin Budokai is much better IMO.

But I just like the engine better than IW's

Yeah this is where it comes down to personal preference.Like I appreciate all the greatness inherent in the SB games but I think its complete lack of balance its way over the top damage and the way the attempt to "fix" the "infinite problem" leading to wonky physics making backdashes invincible outweighs its advantages BUT only in comparison to IW as an alternative
TrollCapAmerica
TrollCapAmerica
Saiyan Moderator
Saiyan Moderator

Battle Power : 372
Zodiac Signs : Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nnamz Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah the SB series has some major problems which I only discovered when playing online with Gogeta. They aren't game breaking by any sense of the imagination, but they're annoying, especially going up against someone who knows how to abuse it like 1ssj4gogeta1. The only time I would land big cancel combos on him is when I abused higher tier characters like Piccolo and Krillin, who have hilarious options against most of the cast.....but which brings up another problem with the series: balance. Piccolo, even if he doesn't have any cancel combos (which unfortunately for the cast, he does) is still broken. S has massive comboable range, massive priority, and combos into anything including his ultimate which can't be teleported and after which he can charge 4 bars back before you even get to him. Krillin's up+S is massive priority, and even if he's hit out of it he goes into a low juggle. Same with most of his SSSSS chain. If teleported he ends up too far for a counter attack, and another up+S auto corrects his direction.

This is a video of it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkgskbu3OCc&t=4m25s

Even with the lag of adhoc party through a tunneled connection taking advantage of it was easy, even against someone who is probably the best in the world at the game.
Nnamz
Nnamz
Saiyan Warrior
Saiyan Warrior

Battle Power : 85
Zodiac Signs : Pisces Buffalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2